1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD won't read.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gcarina, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. gcarina

    gcarina Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I've got a DVD that my computer won't recognize but will play just fine in the DVD player attached to my TV. What should I do??
    Thanks.
     
  2. borhan9

    borhan9 Active member

    Joined:
    May 25, 2005
    Messages:
    2,771
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    68
    @gcarina

    Exactly what errors are u gettin when tryin to read or play the disc??
     
  3. gcarina

    gcarina Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    DVD Decrypter gives the message "logical unit in process of becoming ready", but doesn't progress any further. The DVD just spins and searches. I put it in my player and it works just fine.
    Chris
     
  4. borhan9

    borhan9 Active member

    Joined:
    May 25, 2005
    Messages:
    2,771
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    68
    It might b damaged or badly pressed. Have u tried puttin another disc in to see if it effects other discs...
     
  5. q3dod

    q3dod Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2004
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    What DVD is it or what company puts it out? Also what type of burner do you have? not sure if its a copywriting issue or now. I know sony has some restrictions on what movies can be copied and thier burners are similar with issues.
     
  6. gcarina

    gcarina Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    So, I don't know what made the difference but I stuck this disc in the burner just to see exactly what the error message was...then walked away and forgot about it. A few hours later I came back and it read all the files just fine! A self-solving problem if ever I've seen one. :)
     

Share This Page