1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Writer problem!cannot read blank dvd and burned dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by enciel, Apr 11, 2007.

1. enciel

enciel Member

hello i return here again in hope that you may be able to help me we recently bought a new dvd writer here's the brand it;s samsung dvd writer super writemaster with lightscribe double layer dvd+r 8x/dvd-r 8x . Model no. : SH-S182M/RSBN

it can read and write both cd and dvd , i have no problem using it to read and write cd roms but here;s my greatest agony T________T i tried writing .avi files for storing my naruto episodes so i can free up some space in my pc but the thing is it does not read the blank dvd-r i put in!! whenever i put a blank dvd r and go to my computer the drive displays CD Drive E which is a big question for me that it shows as cd drive e when i placed a dvd r in it T_______T also when i double click on it it says E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function
    [​IMG]

ok now E is not accessible incorrect function is gone cause i opened my computer> right click on my dvd drive then properties and then checked the enable cd recording on this drive on the recording. the same icon posted above still appears but when i double click it, it just opens with empty content [even if the dvd has already content]

and here is the weird thing when i open nero and choose to write in data dvd it writes! but after i check the dvd it does not read it!! T_T the funny thing is our office has the exact same kind of dvd writer as i do and i brought the dvd i burned last night to see if it in the office it can read and the sad thing is the dvd i burned can be read there!! so i am troubled what is wrong since we have both the same and yet this is happening to me..

a note too my dvd writer can read dvd rw and that my brother installed the dvd r in my pc so i don't know what to do now if whether some cords are not properly plugged?? a note too it can play dvd movies that i bought in shops. The main problem is it won't read blank dvds and dvds that i burned. My sister has also tried updating the firmware device but nothing happens too!I hope you can help me

2. enciel

enciel Member

[​IMG]

i don't know if this will help but i am not sure why the location is at 0? i checked my other comp and their locations is 1?? could this be the reason?? T_T