1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD writing with lacie from dvdspro 3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clairegri, Mar 15, 2005.

1. clairegri

clairegri Member

I have tried everything and cannot get dvd studio pro 3 to write a dvd on my lacie dvd dual writer (its quite new) It keeps saying that my device is not supported for this requested burn operation? why is this?
    I am using a g4 dual processor
    can anyone help me? or is this an operation I cant do?
    I havent managed to get one single dvd to work in a dvd player out of this burner yet, but it works fine fr data, whats going on?
    I have tried using toast 6 titanium also.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Claire xxx
    ps. I appolagise if this is wrong section of forum, but i am a newbie so can i be forgiven?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi clairegri and welcome to AD,
    I am not 100% sure about what your probem is, but if you are trying to make a copy of a original DVD movie you need to have a program that will remove the encryption before you can actually copy it. So if thats what you are trying to do then check out my website (link in signature) and use one of those guides there to show you the way :) I would suggest you start out with the ScubaPete guide. The only two programs you will need for that guide are DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, and the good thing about that is that both programs are free!! :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. clairegri

clairegri Member

What i was trying to do was write a film that i made myself onto a dvd, but with some help from other forums i have figured it out and it works !!! yey !!!
    thanks anyway!
    Claire xxx