1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD x-copy - DVD43 work together?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cheyenne1, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cheyenne1

cheyenne1 Member

I have DVD X-Copy platinum with a ripper bought before the fall of 321 studios. It does not work with "cyclic redundancy"; will DVD43 run in the backround with DVD x-copy and fix this error? How well does DVD43 work?
    Are there any updates for the Platinum version?
    Thanks.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

3. zyepod

zyepod Member

I’m using DVD X-Copy Platinum and DVD43free and it locks Windows down after every Rip. I literally have to hit the reset button. I started using this combination after Shrink would not shrink the movies enough. What my plans are is to uninstall one of the programs after I have what want.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I've been using DVD43 for at least 4 months now and it has been cracking any new protection codes flawlessly. DVD43 will work with any burning/backing up softwares, it runs in the background while you're performing the back up. Matter of fact, DVD43 just updated a few days ago to a new version 3.5.3.113

Method of backing up using DVD43: simply put the original dvd into dvd-rom drive, open up any of your player, i.e. Windows Media, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc. and let it plays for atleast "35 seconds -> 1 or 2 minutes." By doing this, DVD43 will detects any code protection and it will remove it -- meaning you should see a "red angry devil face" then eventually it will turn into a "green smiley face," if you see this, now you can open up "SHRINK" or "DVD Decrypter" and do your normal back up procedures. If for some reason, DVD43 did not run in the background right after you've inserted the original dvd into your dvd-rom, then go to START, PROGRAM, and click on the GREEN FACE in DVD43 - this should run now. In addition, for whatever reason DVD43 detects, but fail to show you a "green smiley face," simply restart your computer and follow the above steps untill it detects then back up with "SHRINK" or "Decrypter" again.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  5. zyepod

zyepod Member

Your right, it does work great with Shrink and Decrypter but with DVD Platinum it will lock up windows after the Rip. I uninstalled DVD Platinum today after I got what I wanted and everything is back to normal...

6. cheyenne1

cheyenne1 Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll check-out the new version.
    cheyenne