1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Express Problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ringdown, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ringdown

ringdown Member

Hi All. I am having problems using this program. I know it is only a 2 click program but my backup are perfect until the final chapters lock up. This has happend to 7 out of 10 back ups that I have done. This is the only program I have found that works. I have a SONY DVD Writer and I have been using "Go-Tech" DVD-R Discs. I have tried Clone DVD but have had trouble getting sound onto the DVD Copy.

I am contemplating purchasing the Gold or Platinum version of VDV X but if it just leaves the same problem as Express in the Final Chapters of movies then to me it is a waste of money for the program and media that I will use..

Hope someone can help as the 321 Studio programs are really great in the quality picture and sound wise.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

I own and have the latest versions of DVD X COPY, GOLD, PLATINUM and XPRESS from 321Studios. I had the same problems you are describing using XPRESS.

If you're bent on staying with 321Studos software don't buy 'no name' el-cheapo media. Check for firmware updates for your burner.

Try DVD Shrink and Nero 6.x - you'll like it. I'll bet you get better esults. If not, Rob Moore & Co. will gladly lighten your wallet.

3. mpoliver

mpoliver Guest

I agree with RWG. I've been using DVD Shrink since the latest "upgrade" of DVD Xcopy Xpress came out (which doesn't work, in my opinion). Compress the movie files with DVD Shrink (free download) and then use Nero 6 to put the files on your DVD in the appropriate folder structure. I've even been able to put my Lord of the Rings Two Towers and Fellowship Extended editions onto one disk each (instead of the two disks required to play the entire extended edition of the movie). DVD Shrink is much more flexible. If you do use it, my recommendation is that you open the "Help" and go to one of the recommended websites to read some of the instructions so you'll get that much more out of the software.

I don't use any of the DVD XCopy programs anymore. I've wasted too many DVD Disks with these shoddy programs. Haven't wasted any with DVD Shrink.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2004
  4. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

I have used Express for almost 6 months and have had almost NO problems.. I ONLY use Memorex media.

5. macd23

macd23 Guest

ringdown, my friend was having similar issues using a buslink dvd burner and imation dvd+r disks.........he was using xcopy express and it was messing up on the final chapters.....my advice would be to switch to another brand of disks......try a bunch til you find ones that work. for him it was some brand called ultra.....i have been using it successfully with memorex 4x -Rs...good luck.