1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY EXPRESS

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by doonhamer, Sep 8, 2003.

1. doonhamer

doonhamer Member

This program works great on some dvds but will not back up others (eg Memento and 12 Monkeys). I heard a rumour that it cannot back up dvds when the movie is not title 1 or 2. If this is true is there a way round this?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Try using DVD Shrink which is free

3. fengtao

fengtao Member

Hi doonhamer,

You can try DVD Region-Free to enable DVD X Copy XPress to backup any region DVD.

The free 30-day trial version is available at http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Best Regards,
    Fengtao_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVDIdle - Extend the lifetime of DVD drive!
    DVD Region-Free - Watch & backup all DVDs from any region on region-locked (RPC2) DVD drive!
    http://www.dvdidle.com/[/small]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  4. doonhamer

doonhamer Member

I don't think it is a region issue. What is happening is that the prog loads ok and recognises the disc. when i hit the big green start key the prog just hangs indefinetly. I checked the task manager and it lists dvd copy express as Not Responding. This only happens with occassional dvds (2 so far) other work perfectly, anybody got any ideas

5. jpbsarris

jpbsarris Member

I've had this happen several times and it is usually caused by a software conflict. X copy is rather buggy. So far I have had conflicts with Quick Time Pro, Interactual Player and Norton Antivirus. Try uninstalling any players and disabling your av and see if it will read without locking up.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

herbsman, you are suggesting to someone to try DVD Shrink!!!???
    I can't believe it! :D

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I do normally suggest DVD Shrink or DVD2One , and although I prefer to use DVD2One myself ...others I feel are put off by the $30 or so cost :)

DVD Shrink is a good little app & the amount of [bold]happy [/bold] users I think speaks volumes

lol @ shock btw

8. woof811

woof811 Regular member

stick to dvd shrink it wont let u down, but make sure its the latest version v30beta5, then burn using nero 6, its what i do and ive made no tea coasters as yet