1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY NEW VERSION

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by eagle357, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dawn42330

dawn42330 Guest

I haven't even got the program to burn yet, still trying to figure it out will reply later.

2. ilij

ilij Guest

I got DVDneXtCOPY today and think it is a good improvement. Easy to use and I did not have any issues with making backups yet.

3. BILLADAMS

BILLADAMS Member

SUPERVISOR 5 FROM DVDNEXTCOPY REQUESTED FEEDBACK TO BE SENT ON THE NEW SOFTWARE.IT CAN BE SUMMED UP IN ONE WORD GREAT!!!YOU GOT THE SONY DECODING DOWN AND
    REDUCED COMPUTER POWER ON THE BURN.THE RIPPING PROCESSES STILL
    TAKE 95-100% POWER,BUT,HOWEVER,THE BURN IS REDUCED FROM 95-100%
    FROM YOUR PREVIOUS SOFTWARE TO 35-40%.THIS ALLOWS FOR MORE COMPUTER USUAGE DURING BURN.
    JUST A SLIGHT CLITCH.IF THE DEFAULT COPYING FOLDER IS "DVDNEXTCOPY" AND IT IS DELEATED FROM THE HARD DRIVE,BEFORE THE COPYING PROCESS,THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT RECREATE THE FOLDER,EVEN AFTER CLOSING AND OPENING THE SOFTWARE.THIS RESULTS IN AN ERROR,IN WHICH THE SOFTWARE CLOSES AND WINDOWS XP GENERATES AN ERROR REPORT TO SEND TO MICROSFOFT.THIS IS ELIMINATED BY RESTORING THE "DVDNEXTCOPY" FOLDER.
    ALSO NOTICED THE PREVIEW FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK ON THE DUAL
    LAYER BURN.IT COMES ON AUTOMATICALLY IN THE 4.7 MODE.
    ALSO NOTICED THE RESULTING DVD WILL ONLY PLAY ON OTHER DVD PLAYERS EQUIPPED WITH A BURNER.IT APPEARS IT MIGHT BE RELATED TO THE EXTRA LARGE SIZE OF THE ORIGINAL.IT REQUIRES
    SCHRINKAGE OF THE MOVIE ALSO TO FIT ON THE 4.7GIG DISC.PREVIOUS DVD RELEASES WERE SMALL ENOUGH TO KEEP THE SIZE OF THE MOVIE THE SAME WHILE SHRINKING THE "EXTRAS".

4. DX_Steve

DX_Steve Member

Just finished with the download and trial burns I must say, everything worked as advertised. The "cycle over" voice was kinda creepy though..perhaps a SpongeBob Character, like Plankon??

Anyway, so far so good. I like it I like it

Thanks to the support people who monitor this and oter forums for helping all of us through whatever rough patches we might have

5. dawn42330

dawn42330 Guest

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I still haven't got mine to work, but I've decided to read the guide now, so maybe I'll figure it out.

6. Happy37

Happy37 Member

@ billadams

No CAPS either, please - it's against the forum rules here on AD.

Please could you explain in clearer terms as to what you mean by the above statement.

Does the DVD only play on a PC? - and not any standalone DVD player(s)?

Could you also explain more clearly as to what this means?

Thanks for your help.

Please let me know accordingly - I look forward to your response.

Regards

7. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  8. DX_Steve

DX_Steve Member

I have noticed one thing after burning several disks and I am not sure if it's software or what:

When you fast forward/reverse a disk burned with DVDneXtCOPY, it does not show the "scenes" as they flash by, as it does with a commercial disk or even one nburned under the old DVDXCOPY Xpress

I haver tried this with several players and all result in the same, as it forwards, the "scene" freezes, the counter advances and when you go to normal play, it has moved

More annoying than a problem

But again, it has functioned as advertised and I appreciate that

9. DX_Steve

DX_Steve Member

Additional observations to earlier comment concerning fast forward/rewind:

Burned another disk, using DVDXCOPY (on another computer) and DVDneXtCOPY on regular computer Ran both disks on same DVD players

DVDXCOPY= normal FF and RW in all speeds (2x, 4x, 8x, etc)
    DVDneXtCOPY = FF in 2x only, anytthing higher, no movement, no RW

Perhaps a setting that I am missing. Nothing addressing this in the manual

10. Happy37

Happy37 Member

@ DX_Steve

I have also noticed exactly the same thing myself as well and have notified International about it.

Hope that they do manged to get this fixed as well as the other bugs, otherwise, a good program as it does work as advertised.

Your thoughts and comments are most welcome.

Regards

11. DX_Steve

DX_Steve Member

Hate to be the bearer of sad news, BUT just downloaded and installed the update. Ran a new burn through and worked as before, no problems

Played said burn in 3 different players throughout the house

FF only in 2X no RW capability at all.

Works on the PC DVD player, FF and RW and works on another PC DVD player, JUST NOT ON HOME SYSTEMS ARRRGGGHHHH

A copy made of same burn using old 321 product works everywhere perfectly

SO no I am at complete loss. Being able to FF in 2x only is not an acceptable glitch

Thoughts, comments recommendations ANything at this juncture will be accepted

Thanks

12. ireland

ireland Active member

software updated today 4-17-06
    15 DAY TRIAL

DVD neXt COPY V1.0.3 (Release Date 04-17-06)
    http://www.dvdnextcopy.com/setup/DVDneXtCOPY_V1_0_3.exe

web site
    http://www.dvdnextcopy.com/support.html#

DVD neXt COPY V1.0.3 - 04/17/06 Release Notes

* New Splash Screen Image (1.0.3.)

* New Function to open ISO Files

* New Function to remove Region Code Scripts. There is a new
    window that pops up if the software detects region scripts. It gives you the
    option to remove the region code.

* New Player Engine. For non playable streams we have inserted
    a "dummy" stream for smoother play.

* Added warning notices if any programs that are installed are conflicting
    with the software.

* Improved quality settings in the Settings Window.

* Improved Create New Projects Window.

* New horizontal scroll bar in the Projects Window.

* Added a skin hot fix.

NOTE THE Machinist2 NEEDS UPDATED,AS THE ONE YE ARE USING IS TO OLD.

To get this program to work on 2000 ye have to install the first beta over v103..

his is a list of programs that will or can cause issues when using next copy.

Check to see if you have any conflicting programs. This is a list of software that can possibly interfere in the burning process:

InterActual Player
    PC Friendly Player
    Nero INCD
    Hp-DLA
    Direct CD
    NewDotNet domains
    Gator
    OfferCompanion

Also, DVD copying software can sometimes conflict with the software:

Clone dvd
    DVD Cloner
    Nero 6 or 7
    Roxio 6,7,8,
    Shrink
    Decrypter
    DVDFab Decrypter
    DVDFab Platinum
    1 Click DVD copy
    DVD Wizard Pro
    ICopyDVDs2
    DVD95Copy
    DVD to DVD Copy
    Xcopy9
    123CopyDVD

If you have any of those installed, you should consider disabling or uninstalling those and reinstall our software and try our software again.
    CHEERS

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  13. rnorton

rnorton Member

Hi Ireland. In the note that you wrote,

NOTE THE Machinist2 NEEDS UPDATED,AS THE ONE YE ARE USING IS TO OLD.

To get this program to work on 2000 ye have to install the first beta over v103..

what do you mean by "the first beta"? Does this refer to the new Machinist2? Also, should the previous versions of DVDnexTCOPY and Machinist2 be unstalled prior the installation of the new ones?

14. Happy37

Happy37 Member

I downloaded the latest version of the program last night and took it home to test to see how it worked.

Here are my findings for Version 1.0.3: -

Using the Dual-Layer 8.5GB output setting as well as the Default (normal) quality setting, I tried to copy a DVD-9 disc to the C:\DVDneXtCOPY folder on my HDD.

I haven't tried/didn't try to copy the ”movie only” onto a DVD-9 disc or even to a folder. I don't know if that would work in DVD-9 mode as I don't think the program would know where to put the Layer Break if I try to copy just the movie and nothing else to a DVD-9 disc/folder on the HDD.

The end result of using the Dual-Layer setting: -

STILL no FF/RW capability via PowerDVD/Nero Showtime/Windows Media Player 10. The screen freezes after I try to FF/RW past the 2 times speed.

Also noticed that the preview function STILL does not work on the dual layer burn. It comes on automatically in the 4.7GB mode.

However, using the Single-Layer 4.7GB output setting as well as the Default (normal) quality setting, I tried to copy a DVD-9 (movie-only) and a complete DVD-5 disc to the C:\DVDneXtCOPY folder on my HDD.

The end result of using the Single-Layer 4.7GB setting: -

The FF/RW capability via PowerDVD actually works all the way up to the maximum 32 times speed in that program.

Also noticed that the preview function comes on automatically in the 4.7GB mode.

Anyone else care to share their findings?

Regards

15. ireland

ireland Active member

between me and the rest of the world,international dvdnextcopy should of stayed with DVD X Copy Platinum v5.0.0.13 as the program works with out a problem..on all movies out.but there is a catch..it has to be converted to ripper free..so to be used with anydvd.
    i sent them the info on how to do it.but they decided to go with dvdnextcopy.

which has a lot of problems,it was pushed out of the oven b-4 it was cooked.VERSION 103 IS JUST AS BAD AS V101,THE ONLY ONE THAT SEEM TO WORK RIGHT WAS THERE FIRST BETA.AFTER THAT IT WAS ALL DOWN HILL..

Per dvdnextcopy
    here is a list of conflicting programs with dvdnextcopy
    check to see if you have any conflicting programs. This is a list of software that can possibly interfere in the burning process:

InterActual Player
    PC Friendly Player
    Nero INCD
    Hp-DLA
    Direct CD
    NewDotNet domains
    Gator
    OfferCompanion

Also, DVD copying software can sometimes conflict with the software:

Clone dvd
    DVD Cloner
    Nero 6 or 7
    Roxio 6,7,8,
    Shrink
    Decrypter
    DVDFab Decrypter
    DVDFab Platinum
    1 Click DVD copy
    DVD Wizard Pro
    ICopyDVDs2
    DVD95Copy
    DVD to DVD Copy
    Xcopy9
    123CopyDVD

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  16. baldbear

baldbear Member

They seemed to have forgotten one in there conflict list, if you have AnyDVD running in the background all you will get is this.

[​IMG]

DVDNeXtcopy will not even start until you disable AnyDVD.

As flip218 would say......WTF!!!

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well I got the new version to work on my test movie which is Charlie and the CF, the ver 1.01 would not even do this movie. Kept getting microsoft Main Client error at the end. I dl ver 1.03 and it did the movie, completed the process and no error. However, finished product would not play in all players it froze in three players and played in two. Not only that but my video was messed up after installing/using the new version. Did this movie with Xcopy platinum and had no problems with AnyDVD running in background. This is obviously a progam that needs a lot of work, and I totally agree with ireland on the fact that Xcopy should not have been dumped in favor of this rubbish.

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i totally uninstalled it from my PC also!!! who needs it anyway when theres clonedvd 2 with anydvd!!!!!!

19. brobear

brobear Guest

It's another piece of software and it does have decent options. I didn't have any problems while checking out the last version. If you want to use AnyDVD, use the ripper, turn it off and open the ripped files in DVDneXtCopy. In effect, Slysoft already has a built in solution for use with DVDneXtCopy. Even with DVD Decrypter we learned we needed to turn off CSS Cracking and make minor adjustments to work properly. AnyDVD can be used to rip all the movies I've tried, but it doesn't have to be on to do the backup. If recording on the fly just has to be, then it's a no go. Neither app guarantees 100% compatibility with other apps. With me it's not a problem. I use HDD files for just about all my backups.

I prefer AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter with RB/CCE and DVDD or Nero to burn. Some prefer speed over quality though and don't like it. Everybody is trying to sell a better mouse trap. To me the new software is a decent additon, but I don't see any great improvements over the older XCopy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2006
  20. ilij

ilij Guest

They updated their software again today.

The preview is working great now and I do not have any problems with any movies at all.