1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X-COPY or Nero?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by slangevar, Mar 29, 2004.

1. slangevar

slangevar Member

Was going to buy DVD X-Copy when someone suggested DVD Shrink as a freeware alternative. It works fine but I needed to d/l Nero to do the burning. When the trial runs out I will have to buy Nero...or should I just buy X-Copy, which is cheaper? Is there a cheaper alternative that will burn for me? The software that came with my burner ( Sonic's "Record Now") won't burn these Video_TS files.

Thanks!

2. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

i have Xgold.after using shrink and nero i almost bought platinum last week before it was taken off the shelves.. but thanx to afterdawn and its users i found greener pastures with my pc. i have learned through this site nero is most preffered. as far as purchasing i saw older full retail versions of nero on amazon for super cheap. i just use my bundled nero i got with my writer when i bought the 321 package last summer so depending on your writer model you could go to neros site and check if and wut versions of nero support it... sorry so such a long message

3. xyzzy1

xyzzy1 Guest

I just bought the "Last" copy of DVD X Copy Platinum at a very good price from Best Buy. First is there any way to know without opening the box, what version is inside, is the ripper intact, and is the download version listed as "Complete version" the same?

I am waiting for the new Plextor 12X drive which shoud be deliverable sometime in April that includes Nero 6. Do I need DVD XCopy Platinum at all? I only want to back up DVD movies. Thanks.

4. daba

daba Guest

@slangevar:
    With the latest version of DVD Shrink (3.1.7) you can save the "shrunk" files as an ISO image file and then burn it with DVD Decrypter (freeware).

@xyzzy1:
    With Nero Burning ROM, you can burn the files but not compress them. So if the DVD you want to backup is double layer (most are) then Nero Burning won't help. But the full Nero 6 suite includes Nero Recode that allows to compress the files before burning them. I don't know whether the Nero programs shipped with the Plextor burner will include Recode. Anyway, you can use DVD Shrink (freeware) as an alternative to Recode.

5. Yordan

Yordan Guest

If you do not want to pay for Nero, go to www.warezfreaks.com, download Nero version of your choice, then go to www.deluxserials.com and get a serial for the version you`ve downloaded and off you go...