1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY Question + General Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Clamman27, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Clamman27

Clamman27 Guest

I was reading somewhere on here that many of you still think its worth it to get the DVD R. I am considering but have been swaying from what I've been reading lately.

One of you had said once you strip away the languages, etc. most movies will probably fit on one DVD R. Can you do that with DVD X COPY? Just select what parts you want to copy?

Is it possible to burn the movie itself on one and any extras on another, to keep the movie on one DVD-R. That was the thing I HATED about laserdisks--getting up to flip the disk all the time....ARGH!

I'm totally new to this so any information you guys could give to sway me back to getting the DVD R would be great.

Robert

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

DVDXCopy questions should be posted to our DVDXCopy forums at:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

But to answer shortly -- DVDXCopy doesn't allow you to remove any parts of the movie, but it works in a way that if the menu structure + main movie fit on one DVD-R, it will put that one first disc and rest of the stuff (extras) to the second. But nowadays, the movie itself tends to take 7GB and nothing except re-encoding (weakens quality) will fit it into one disc anyway. Best example is probably the 4-disc Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring Special Extended Edition -- the main movie itself is split over two DVD-9s, taking appx. 14GB of space :)

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Robert,

I have a suggestion -
    It sounds like you would be happy to have your movies on a single disc.

The program is called DVDShrink. Best of all, it's FREE! It will remove the copy write, allow you to remove the tralers, languages you don't need etc. It can then compress your movie down to 4.36GB, the size needed to fit on a single DVD-R.

Now you are ready to burn it to a Disc. One movie, one disc - what could be better ? I hated those darn laser discs too -I almost lost weight with all that up/ down, up/ down - what a drag huh?

Well, hope I gave you a second option,

if you require additional info - just post it, I'll try to help -

"P"