1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY VER. 4.0.3.8

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ramblnmn, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Ramblnmn

Ramblnmn Member

HI all first time here,
    A couple of years ago I bought DVD X COPY PLATINUM and it looks like Ver 3.2.1. I never was able to use it because I never had a dvd burner. Well I bought one a couple of days ago PLextor 716A...needless to say I finally got a chance to use DVD X COPY and it blew my mind on how it works....I see from what I been reading that there was a newer version out 4.0.3.8..??????
    Was wondering I saw a place online called Interburn.com http://www.interburn.com/index.cfm?id=13229&fuseaction=browse&pageid=1 for $89.00.

Has anyone herad of this site ....or can tell me if this is a good place to maybe buy from..?

Thank for your time and help

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Ramblnmn,
    Welcome to AfterDawn. Its a great place with lots of good folks. Some of them even know what they're talkin bout.
    There is a DVD XCopy forum here and you can prolly find most of your answers there. As for me I think XCopy is crappy software with little or no support.
    There are however several other programs that blow XCopy out of the water and the best part is some of them are free. Take a look at DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Both are fre and available in the downloads section.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Many of us here and many ex-xcopy users use: Dvd Shrink, dvd decrypter,anydvd and nero for all our burning needs.

Dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are both free.
    They both pull off the encryptions,decrypter has a burn engine and is a more powerful ripper.

Anydvd has a free 21 day trial. With all the newer encryptions being pumped out by sony,this program works in the background,so no extra clicks. This program is needed regardless if you are using,shrink,decrypter,oneclickdvd,and x-copy.

Nero along with dvd decrypter are 2 of the popular burn engines for dvd shrink,you can set it up to automatically burn after the encoding with no extra steps.

X-copy is advertised as being the best because the programs were outlawed by the motion picture assoc.They make it sound like it was the best,NOT, now there are very few updates for it on newer encryptions so many of those x-copy users are switching to shrink,nero,and decrypter. Dvd shrink's extra quality enhancements are said to be better copies than x-copy.Backups are near identical to the originals,and only a couple extra clicks.

Just a little info you might want to know before shelling out $89.00 for something that may not work. Good Luck

4. trublue01

trublue01 Member

yea
    i kind of regret spendin $50 on X-Copy. i have found i can do the same things using Shrink/Nero for free. well it cost me a new computer but i needed an upgrade

5. Ramblnmn

Ramblnmn Member

First of I want to thank everyone for the advice every little bit helps and since I'm new ( not to mention pissed off with all the different dvd formats) and have little knowledge on burning disk...every little bit helps.
    Now not to say I'm rich or have alot of money but I don't mind shelling out some money on something that has worked already the only bad thing is that there's no company for tech support.
    To be honest I'm sure some of these free software are good products, it's just I'm very much a believer that you get what you pay for.....and if it's free...I believe you dont get something for nothing..of course if it's good old cash...LOL
    But it looks like to me this is a really good site for help....

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are one of the few times you get something that works great for free. Another thing about DVD Decrypter is that it can crack the newest encryptions just out where DVD X Copy can't. If you still want help for your X copy program I suggest trying this link to the X Copy Forum. There is some overseas support available.
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/
    Good luck.
    Jerry

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  7. Ramblnmn

Ramblnmn Member

When I try to download DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 how am I to answer the question :

Do you live in United States, Germany or in any other country that has laws against distributing DeCSS or similiar tools?

After reading:
    Anyway, to avoid legal problems with U.S. administration, we have to restrict our software archive so that users from United States or from any of its territories are not allowed to download these tools.

The tool that you're now about to download is one of those that fall under this category and therefor if you're U.S. resident, you are not allowed to download this software

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The legal statement is to protect the forum. How you answer the question is up to you. The legal system only seems to go after people making money off pirated dvd copies. The choice is yours.

Jerry