1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Xpress copies to DVD+R but cannot read!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mkay, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mkay

mkay Member

Jun 6, 2004
    I have searched around message threads but am not finding an answer to my frustration.

I bought DVD X Copy Xpress after the date in which the ripper was no longer shipping (March 2004). I found and downloaded both patin-couffin and DVD43 successfully. The DVD copy process now works as advertised in the instructions. I made a backup copy of a widescreen edition of Scooby Doo. When I try to use the backup copy, it doesn't work on anything I try...the computer I made it on, a home DVD player, a new portable DVD player...nada. I am using Sony DVD+R media.

I have a brand-new TDK indiDVD+R/-R/+RW/-RW/CD burner. It says it is a 8x DVD/40x CD burner.

I don't know what else to try. I have tried to backup a couple of different movies but get the same results. This media is too expensive to continue to experiment.

TIA for any tips.
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 25, 2004
    First I would re-install XPress. You have the RF version right? So download this patch... Place it in the XPress program file and execute the patch.

Also are you up to date with your burners firmware? And I suggest using different media. Sony makes good hardware, not so good media...and really expensive. I like Verbatim branded and TDK. Hear good things about Ritek G04 disks.

So give that a try and let us know :)