1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jznelly, Jun 23, 2003.

1. jznelly

jznelly Guest

I have read about DVD X Copy and i want to know when it puts DVD's onto 2 discs does it keep the actual video on one or doe is split it up. Also, if anyone knows a place i can get the pack of DVD X Copy and DVD X Copy Xpress then that would be helpful.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. jznelly

jznelly Guest

can you buy them in stores?

4. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

DXC and DXC xpress can be bought at stores like Fry's, Compusa, etc. Dxc Gold can only be downloaded from the net in the meantime.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCXpress v2.51 online if needed
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551035 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  5. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I've only used DVD X Copy a handful of times, so correct moi if I am wrong. Why anyone would want stuff on two discs is beyond me. Purists...BAH! If dvds were cheaper then yeah, why the hell not, but no thanks at the prices they are at now...

What it does is split the movie along chapters. So if the dvd-9 has 20 chapters, it would most likely split it at chapter 10~ish. You can change the chapter it splits at if there is enough room on the first disc to accomodate that extra chapter.

As far as I can tell it is an exact copy of the dvd you are backing up (except for it being on two discs and that pesky disclaimer in the beginning).

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Getting DVDXCopy and Xpress together is only a bit more than getting Xpress on it's own. Copy is useful if you have a long film, say three or more hours when the compression rate to fit it onto one disc would mean something like 40-45% in which case you would loose quality that would be noticeable - Copy allows you to put it on two discs with no loss of quality. Personally I don't mind the odd film going on two discs and it doesn't spoil the show.

7. jznelly

jznelly Guest

cool, thanx