1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd x copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Da's52, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

I have made backups of dvd movies i have but it won't let me backup my cds or the home movies on hard drive.
    have tried 321 studios help but won't return my email.
    when i try to load a cd the the load screen flashes then nothing.

Thank You can anyone please help

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Da's52,

You have told us nothing - How about your PC's Specs, your software -

What have you used when something worked and when it didn't work -

Let's put on our typing hat, roll up our sleeves and go to work :)

Pete

3. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

compaq presario 4020wm amd athlon xp 2400 2.0Ghz 608mb ram windows xp home 16x dvd rom bdv316c nec dvd+rw na1100a dvd x copy

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If it has Roxio Easy CD Creator, Delete -

(just for "smiles, did you have Roxio ?)

Question - How did you get "Home Movies" on the PC, and what format are they in ??

"P"

5. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

the home movies are on cds my x soninlaw had them done but i don't know where or how. I haven't got roxio on the computer i have two computers a compaq and a dell the compaq is the one i am using for dvd backup. I called 321 studios and talked to a tec. He sent a long list of programs that would interfare with the burn, but the only one i have is norton antivirus but i turn everythink off in startup like they said. I got all updates on xp,directx 9.0,adaptec.I check everyone of the things that were on the list and rebooted twice as i was told. But it still does not work

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Da's52,

It sounds like you've done all you could do with XCopy (the only thing I would have tried is to uninstall then reinstall it, then start the movie and let them run for a minute then try with XCopy )~

My suggestion for you is to use a program that I think, is better than XCopy. The problem is it's cost, - Sorry to inform you, it's free :)

DVD Shrink is the program, it's easy to use - Use the guide link, and work with one hand, check the guide with the other :)

Load'em up - move'em out -Rip'm to your HD (check the guide under the re-Author mode, it's super to edit your films too. When you're ready to burn it to a DVD Disc, use Nero (it has a 30-day free trial) or other burning program to put it to disc :)

Shrink download - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Shrink Guide -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

And if you wish to burn it to DVD, use Nero in the classic mode :D)

A 30-day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

A Great Nero, step-by-step guide can be downloaded from –
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

Enjoy,

Pete

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  7. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

pete
    i downloaded dvd shrink and nero. the dvd shrink says it encountered a error invalid dvd navigation structure. And nero want me to buy it before i can use it, I can't find the 30 day trail version. I did uninstall and reinstall two times no luck. I tried to respond yesterday but the site said i had the wrong password it is the same one i have for all my forums.But today i got right in i don't know. I wish i had found this site a long time ago it would have saved me a lot of money. Thanks

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Da's52,

It seem as if you were having a lot of trouble in general - none of it is related to DVD Shrink or Nero -

Looking at one at a time - Let’s take Nero first:
    If you used my link, it said that the newest Demo would be out soon. If you lQQked just slightly to the right at the “RED” type it looked like this - -> DownloadsDemoversion Nero 6 Ultra Edition .
    That would have given you the last downloadable Nero Demo, Good for 30-days

LQQking at DVD Shrink, you might try Ripping your DVD first with Decrypter in the “File” mode and then opening DVD Shrink, and choosing “Open Files” and then process them according to the guide :) - We first want to get it right on your HD so when you do your “Backup”, choose Hard drive for destination -

When you’re done that you should be able to play it off your HD -

We’ll worry about Nero later :)

Pete

9. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

pete
    I'll give you the latest on the dvd shrink i got it to work but only on store brought dvd it won't work on anything else. The dvd decrypter i didn't have one, I do now,it does the same thing.Have a dvd on memorex media that will play on dvd player in computer but not on standalone player. In one of the many thing i have downloaded it tell me that the homemade dvd is a dvdrip.xvid-deity.avi what ever that means. Had a old version of nero got updates, but it still says i need to buy dvd plugins to do what i want to do. Thanks

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Da's52
    I think you need convert your .avi to compliant dvd mpeg2. There are guides that offer very explicit directions.

11. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

Ok i'll try that where can i find the guides Thanks

12. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

Mike
    I found the guide. Downloaded all the files it said. Started through the process got to bitrate settings i can't get the disk capacity down to less than 109% it says its 4581.57mb and 263min long do i need to get a different media if i can that is bigger than 4.7gb or can i shrink it some how i got dvd shrink will that work Thanks

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Da's52,

What you have to do is use TMPGEnc to convert your AVI's to DVD complaint MPEG 2 files THEN use TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert your MPEG 2's to VOB's - THEN use DVD Shrink to compress to 4.36GB to fit on your single DVD :) and then everyone will be happy in Who-ville :D)

Pete

14. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

Pete
    i have got the directions from the guide. I have followed them to the letter of converting avi to dvd/mpeg-2. Everything is right until i get to bitrate settings can't get file size down. maybe i don't go far enough but the blue bar is in the red. i can't use dvd shrink every time i try i get a error mess. invalid dvd navigation structure. Thanks

15. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

Pete
    i have tried some different things, got through avicodec, got through part of TMPGEnc then i get a error can't load P3Package.dll could you tell me what that is Thanks

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Da's52,

Really sorry, I have no clue where you went wrong - let's open it up to someone who knows -

Guys ?? - Can you help this youngster out ??

17. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya guys,
    You have not installed TMPGEnc properly.

You have an Intel Pemtium 3 based computer, and TMPGEnc has different optimisations for different CPUs.

Uninstall it.
    Reboot.
    Reinstall.

Once you get it to load correctly, then we can proceed.

Have Fun...

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  18. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

drchips
    i did exactly what you said to uninstall,reboot,only this time a got the plus 2.5 version. Go through the project wizard till i get to bitrate setting can't get estimated file size down can't get dvd shrink to work can't find open file "E:\VIDEO_ts>ifo" I just don't know. Thanks

19. Da's52

Da's52 Guest

pete
    has anybody heard of avi to dvd converter from cucusoft. Would like to have some input bebore i buy the thing maybe this will solve my ploblem Thanks Da's 52