1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jimdk, May 26, 2004.

1. jimdk

jimdk Member

How can I copy a DVD already created with DVD X Copy

2. brobear

brobear Guest

As multiple backups are illegal, you shouldn't.

3. bjc688409

bjc688409 Member

YOu could use clone dvd...

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive never copied a movie using dvd x copy, but other copies that ive done with clonedvd, or dvd shrink, im able to burn them again using the "burn exact copy" option of sonic record now deluxe v6.0, hope i helped.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Are you using Platinum? Or just DVDXCopy? DVDXRescue, which comes with Platinum, will back up a copy made by XCopy.

6. 5thfloor

5thfloor Member

where can i download one of the new RF version of dvdxcopy platinum or xpress?

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Okay, to keep it from going on and on. 321 studios software won't make multiple copies. Supposedly they are coded when you record. Use disc copy in any good burner software. You're already ripped and edited so it is just a simple copy procedure. Same on all recorded DVDs that have been decrypted and recorded to DVD5. With the new dual layer burners the capacity is even higher now. But, it is still illegal to make multiple copies.

8. flip218

brobear,

Your wrong. I've done it with DVDXRescue. Also when I had Roxio 6 on my computer, Roxio's disc copier will do it also. I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure Nero's disc copier will work.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Don't know if 321 has their servers back up yet. If you are a licensed owner of the Platinum, you are entitled to a free upgrade to the RF version. Unless they changed their minds. Check with 321 tech assistance. There is a special DVDXCopy forum elsewhere on AD which deals exclusively with 321 software. I hear the new Extreme programs run with DVD43 or AnyDVD, decrypters that run in the background automaticly.

10. flip218

They were of movies I did own. I just wanted to see if it can be done(backing up a backup). Again 321's DVDXRescue will work, and I've done it with Roxio 6 Platinum. Roxio's disc copier.

11. flip218

Sorry off topic... Brobear I like this bear better than the bear playing symbols :)

12. flip218

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip
    I think you only read part of what I said. I said you can use burner programs to do a disc copy, Roxio, Nero, any that has copy function. I meant you can't record a 321 recorded disc. Like using Express to copy a copy. You have to have Platinum to have XRescue, wasn't referring to it. XRescue would be doing it the hard way, especially when a simple copy will suffice. Why go through all that and it sounds like an illegal process anyway. If you don't have the original, backup of a copy is illegal. No wonder the studios and the Feds are crawling up everyone's back.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip
    We seem to be out of sync here. I'm answering about a message back. Remember to let the dog eat the leftovers when you get through experimenting. They hid my walking bear, but I found him again.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip
    Way off topic here. I guess you saw Bigorange's new gif. Well, I found a jpg of a UK fanatic doll and popped it on him. The thing took about a page when it came up. It was so large, modesty forced me to remove it.

16. flip218

Forgive me Brobear :) Everything in this post was exactly correct. Also I think 321 got the shaft is because they were in the States. Because I also bought DVDCloner2, and nobodys breathing down their neck. At least not yet.

17. flip218

LOL .... Sorry everybody!!

Yes, seen Big's. I like it, told him to put it in his sig and not his post.

18. 5thfloor

5thfloor Member

thanks for the info

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip,
    321 got the shaft alright. The studios went after the big guy first. Did you see where they were sueing a retailer for selling the XCopy with the ripper following the lost court case. They will try to get everyone if legislation isn't passed saying legitimate owners have the right to backup their own property. Pirating is one thing, legitimate rights to purchased property is another. When a man puts down the bucks, he has the right to use the merchandise. I agree people don't have the right to reproduce and resell. The law as it is doesn't make much of a distinction. And the judges are legislating from the bench.

20. flip218

very true!!