1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd x maker "register"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carey, Aug 12, 2004.

1. carey

carey Guest

I have a copy of Studio 321 dvd x maker, and am unable to load it on my computer as the company has gone out of business and does not answer their phones. I have never loaded the program on any computer and have the package with thw license ID and password. Any ideas?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

When did you buy it? Why have you never installed till now? Anyhow, double check your license and password ... and are you running any firewalls?

3. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Carey

What are your system specs?

Do a msconfig, disable your antivirus software. After doing these things, try and reinstall the software.

Oh, for msconfig

Click on Start>run..type in msconfig...select the "startup" tab at the top to the right, now go to the bottom of that window and select "disable all". CLick on "OK" and n reboot the pc. Now after the pc reboots, you'll get a message about the system configuration utility. Just select" don't show this again" and select "OK" or "continue" or whatever and now try to install Xmaker.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Don't use MS config!!! It lets you disable stuff that is vital for your comp to run!
    Use services.msc instead

5. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Pop_smith

Which of the services is carey supposed to stop and which one to leave started, its not wise to disable anything in services unless you know what you are doing.
    Msconfig wont disable anything that will stop his pc from running properly, unless you are using a laptop.

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Do NOT use "msconfig" to disable services, type "services.msc" in the Run box instead!
    Quote from BV's website:
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Msconfig lets you disable stuff that makes it so your PC won't run, you can't do that with services.msc.

from here:
    http://www.blackviper.com/AskBV/XP25.htm

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  7. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

I will bow out of this discussion and allow pop_smith to assist you with supporting X-maker.
    pop_smith givs the impression to know more about resolving x-maker installation issues.

Also verify the number of 321studios software issues that 321sucker vs pop_smith, have help others resolve.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You can run msconfig and still have your pc run perfect. All msconfig does is turn off you programs. You can still start them up manually.

You have a greater risk of screwing things up using services. If you do take pop_smith's advice, make sure you check the box to "Hide All Microsoft Services".

If you do run msconfig ... look at the description. Obviously don't turn off everything. For me I turn off ... Norton acct manager, real player, quicktime player, calander works(something like that), AnyDVD(I can start this manually), and some of the AOL crap. Everything else I leave.

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

k, thanks flip218, and 321sucker i just didn't want carey to go in there (no offense carey, i am just staying on the safe side of things) and click the disable everything button or something, even though he might/probably does know what he is doing.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004