1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X PLAT VER 3.2.1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by c56136, Apr 7, 2004.

1. c56136

c56136 Member

to all the veterans--newbie here, just wanted to know, i have the dvd x copy plat ver 3.2.1. do i really need the 4.0.3.8 update to make backups of my movies? or will the 3.2.1 (retail version) do it own its own. apparently, the 4.0.3 is being sold on e-bay--just want to know if i should get it. or will the 4.0.3 update "impair" my ability to backup movies.

2. wcgman

wcgman Member

I also have 321 and it worked fine. BUT there is no need to buy the 4 v. from ebay. That is a free download for you. Only problem is that the newer versions are ripper free and you wont be able to use DVDx as a stand alone once you "upgrade" You will need a ripper. Don't ask how I know because it upsets me I wasted $150 on it.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Guys, I don't know the versions (My stuff is 3 years old and had rippers) BUT I spoke not too long ago with DVD XCopy’s Chief Moderator and was informed by him that the recommended addition was AnyDVD or DVD Region Free (est. cost $#9.99 ea.).

If you have a pre-RF version I suggest you do not upgrade -

When you decide you want more control over your backups, come on back - We have a couple of programs (4 FREE) that will backup DVD’s with less mouse clicks than DVD Xcopy :)

AAR, Welcome to the Club -

Pete

4. c56136

c56136 Member

thank you for both of the replies...pete, you seem to be the sage aroud these forums. i've seen your posts all over the place...bravo. anyhow, i am completely new to this. i got the 3.2.1 version, lady i spoke to said it comes with a "ripper"...uh? anyhow, my concern is, i want to be able to backup any movie that i please(mainly why i bought this dvd x platnium version. apparently, the version i purchased is the "pre ban" version...whatever that means. anyhow, my goal as i stated above,
    1) backup any movie that i want. can this be done and if so do i need that 4.0.3 version from e-bay?
    2) i am thinking about picking up a dual layer burner this summer by sony (700a...can't wait) any suggestions?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

C56136,

I would be remiss if I didn't state straight up front that I, like 99% of everyone here dislikes 321 products.

We can do better backups with free software than most do with $$$$ software -

My words to you - play with what you have - when you're ready to have more control over your backups and in fact - Our programs require LESS mouse clicks than DVD XCopy research DVD Shrink and DVD DeCrypter -

The downloads are here and so are the guides :p)

Welcome to the Neighborhood -

Pete