1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD XCopy Activation Information

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bogart7, Nov 17, 2005.

1. kmc646

kmc646 Member

I have a legal DVD Xcopy Pltmn & lost functionality due to a computer failure. I have been unable to get the reinstall activated on my new computer by using the posted link to the activation ticket (I have all supporting documentation images - CD, receipt, etc). I do have the the old harddrive from dead computer which had the working copy of Xcopy on it. I can not boot from this HD as the drivers don't match my new computer but I can access it from Explorer. Is there a way to get the activation code from my old HD & use it on my new computer?

2. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have a working copy of DvdXcopy and Xpress on my hard drive. Not sure how to get the code from the software, but have you tried connecting your old hard drive externally via a USB port? You can always purchase a 3.5" external hard drive case, install the hard drive in the case and connect it to a USB port. I have 3 hard drives done up this same way and it works great this way. Maybe you can access DvdXcopy in this manner, it's worth a try. I still love this program but haven't used it in the past 5 months except for last night since I started using Ripit4me. I did try DvdXcopy last night on a 2006 movie called "Hard Luck" and it ripped perfectly with no problems. It is a Sony movie with the "This disc is copy protected" logo on the back.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Possibly the most redundant sticky since this one!

Edit:

I am joking but, seriously, can we get this taken off already?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009