1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Xcopy "Cannot open CD-R Interface"

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by calypso, Mar 19, 2004.

1. calypso

calypso Member

Google shows that this question has been asked before, but the answer (if exists) seems to be no longer available.

I'm on Windows XP Home edition on a Sony Vaio digital editing computer (RGX-590G). When I try to use DVD-XCopy 1.5.2, it reads the disk but gives the error when it tries to write "Cannot open CD-R interface. Selected interface type not supported" "Can't find a dvd burner".

This error occurs on both of my drives, A03 (internal) and A06 (external).

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Check in your Programs Group of DVD X Copy (Start > Programs > DVD X Copy) to see if you have a Drive Selector option.

If it doesn't show there look in your Program Files folder on your C: drive - open the DVD X Copy folder and see if it is there.

I'm not familiar with Sony - is at least one of the A03 or A06 drives is a DVD+/-RW burner?

luck-

3. calypso

calypso Member

Naw, don't have a drive selector option. These are Pioneer A03 and A06 drives, which work fine from Recordnow DX.

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

Yeah, just looked at my DVD X COPY - it doesn't have the option. DVD X-Press does.

I know you want to get X Copy working but consider trying DVD Shrink with Nero or trying the Elby CloneDVD2 free trial. I've been trying it and must admit it's pretty good -except- for the fact you have to run AnyDVD with it for backups of commercial DVDs.

It'll let you know if it's your drives' problem or X Copy.