1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD XCOPY (express or gold) Why Not?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by agenda, Jul 8, 2003.

1. agenda

agenda Member

After reviewing my options for DVD-R creation and leaning towards either dvddecrypter - dvd2one - nero or the dvdshrink2.3 - nero options, I was wondering why I wouldnt just use the DVD X Copy software - not sure which version express or other...What are the downsides to using this software? The fact that it isnt freeware isnt really an issue...

2. agenda

agenda Member

nevermind. if i wasnt such a lazy ass to start with i would have found the multi-page forum on the product here already. seems people have a lot of problems with the software at this time.

also noted that dvd2one does a better job on the compression and quality than than the shrink freeware??

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

My issues with DVDxcopy are as follows:

(1) You cannot make a copy of your backup.
    (2) You get an additional warning on top of the FBI warnings.
    (3) I have run into issues with playing back DVDxcopy discs in stand alone players, but not with the methods you listed.
    (4) I haven't used DVDxcopy much because of reason #3, but one thing I like is being able to get rid of the menus and extras and reduce the amount of compression.

Hope this helps.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

To answer your 2nd post, yes, I find DVD2one does a better job of compressing than DVDshrink.

5. agenda

agenda Member

it seems to be the consensus that the DVD2One does a better job at the compression than Shrink software....i would assume peps go for the shrink software because its free...

looks like decrypter - dvd2one - nero is the way to go..

thanks for the information

6. security

security Member

no it is not . the pages you saw on xcopy are moslty movie chat and general questions
    also included in that page are at least 20 pages on were to get low cost media
    that is the most helpful site on the net with deicated people who are on stand by to answer any questions about the product. keep in mind a question about a product does not always equal a problem. i have used dvd x copy for almost a year i have no errors and it works like it should. sure it wont work for everyone but nothing does . also if your machine is old quirky and all bent up from years of surfing and cookie collecting your gonna have a hard time with any program .
    i invite you to come ask some questions in the dedicated support rooms heres a good link to the general chat room for x copy start here and tell them security wants you to ask about x copy and express
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/57/35986

click on and ask the same questions to people who use it alot

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Agenda, the method you have outlined for backing up a movie, would take quite a while longer than DVD Shrink. I use DVD Shrink all the time with no adverse differences in terms of quality than DVD2One. I only use DVD2One whenever the movie needs to be compressed mroe than 35%

Chris

8. agenda

agenda Member

thanks for the input guys..
    i just bought the pioneer 105 and used the decrypter, dvd2one and nero last night with what appears to be great results...i agree with you that it does take awhile and a crap load of harddrive space to accomplish this...dvd shrink would be much quicker...i was mostly concerned about video quality, but if you guys say its negligable i will take your word for it...

question?
    would copyx express do all this at one time and allow me to pick what i wanted on the disc...i assume not because they dont decrypt...if not whats the advantage?

9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

One question for you: what kind of speed are you getting with Decrypter? And what O/S are you using.

One thing that 2K/XP does my default is sets the DVD drive to a slower speed. I'm at my work computer right now, but I think you want DMA mode instead of IPO mode. (or something like that.) Anyways, that switch took my ripping from 1.5-2.0 X to 4.5-7.5 X.

10. security

security Member

agenda ...check your pm messages i sent you one

11. security

security Member

look what happened overnight . the following is a state ment from dvd x copy express
    XPRESS 3.0 is going to be released which will allow you your choice of just the movie (as is presently the case) or the ENTIRE DVD. All menus, special features and the movie on one DVD.

12. An6eLo

An6eLo Member