1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD XCopy Platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lordcoard, Apr 24, 2005.

1. lordcoard

lordcoard Member

I'm a new guy on the block here. So, please be patient. I'm looking for a replacement for DVD XCopy Platinum, which I've been using successfully up until now. There's obviously some new protection out and I need a work-around.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Try programs DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, both are free. There are guides available in my sig, also look at the newbie thread it has a lot of information. DVD Decrypter will get around the new protections on movies, and DVD Shrink will compress.

3. lordcoard

lordcoard Member

Thanks for the advice. I used AnyDVD with Shrink today for the first time. It worked great. The only thing I'd like is to be able to omit Menus, Extras, etc., if I want to. Still, it worked fine. I will also check out the guides you mentioned.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just use DVD Shrink in re-author mode and drag the main movie only over. I you like AnyDVD you might want to get is mate CloneDVD that will also let you re-author they are well worth the price. Glad this worked, happy burning

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can also run Anydvd or DVD43 behind your X Copy program if you still want to use it. They should work together OK.

Jerry

6. lordcoard

lordcoard Member

Thanks for all the recommendations.