1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by rtrg, Jul 13, 2012.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have recorded dvds on 4 seperate combo units, a GO VIDEO VR 2945, a GO VIDEO VR 3840, A MAGNAVOX 427 and 457. The 3840 takes MINUS discs, the 2945 takes PLUS discs, the 427/457 takes both. I use TDK brand. That seems to work best. Although I have come across brand new PLUS discs that will not record in the 3 units that use them. All recorder discs will play on all 4 units when I mix and match including my PANASONIC S77 player. Good for me. The issue is that none will play on my computer, a DELL DIMENSION GX400, WIN XP, SP3, 1GIG RAM, a DVD ROM DRIVE, name/model unknown, 4 player software, GOM, WP9, VLC, WMP "CLASSIC" 6.4.9.1 from GRETCH. I have tried "FINALIZING" and not finalizing. PLUS does not require this. I have recorded these dvds from my cable box as well as from tape to disc. No combination is successful. Can Anyone tell me in simple terms why this is true and if there is a simple solution? In the past I made 4 dvds for my brother using different brands both types. NONE were accepted by his player but ALL 4 were were playable in his computer, much newer than mine. I do not understand this built in incompatability. With tape this is not an issue. Why dvds have to be soerratic is beyond me. Any solutions welcome.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

You need to check his DVD player to see what type of media and files it will play.It happened to me once.I bought a DVD player and it wouldn't play any type of disc that I tried.I took it back to the store and purchased a different brand but this time I checked on the box to see what type of media it would play.Since then I haven't had any problems.