1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd20ne - nero - freeze at end of movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by p0rkburn, Mar 7, 2003.

1. p0rkburn

p0rkburn Member

I have read posts with similar problems to this one but have yet to find a post that could help me specifically. I have put road to perdition and fear and loathing in las vegas onto dvd-r (maxell brand) by ripping them and using dvd2one. Everything goes flawlessly during the process and they play fine in my standalone and in my computer, until around the hour and 40 minute mark. At this point they freeze, regardless of whether they are in my dvd player or in my computers drive. The one dvd-5 i copied worked fine, so im pretty sure its not my burner. ALso, everything i have read said its the media "if it does play in the computer". Since both of mine have the same problem regardless of where they are played, i think it is something besides the media. Does anyone know where to start looking for the problem?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

How are you using Nero?

Paul

3. p0rkburn

p0rkburn Member

I used nero by canceling the wizard and choosing dvd video, just like it says in one of the guides i read.

4. malum

malum Regular member

Are you playing them on the DVD burner or a DVD Rom drive. If it's not the burner try them in that, if they work in that then it's media.

What are the maxell discs, shove one in the burner and choose ISO write mode in decrytpter and it will tell you who really made it and what the dye type is.

5. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

A better question would be what version of nero are you using. Older versions of nero have issues with DVD video files. Also what speed are you burning at? Try slowing it down maybe?

6. malum

malum Regular member

My own experience of Nero suggests that it either produces discs that work or it produces discs that do nothing (depending on the settings), there seems to be no middle ground where it partially works.

The speed of the burn is worth knowing though. I burn everything at 1x.

7. p0rkburn

p0rkburn Member

The maxell disc in dvd decrypter says MXL RG01, so i guess thats the manufacturer and dye type. The errors occur in both my computer and my stand alone player. I had the same error happen with a dvd-5 disc, so i re-ripped it and then defragged before burning and it worked fine. I tried that with a dvd-9 disc and it had the exact same error, just at a different point around an hour and 40 minutes.

8. malum

malum Regular member

Then I guess that Maxell make their own discs. I recommend you try something with the dark purple Ritek dye G03 or G04 (the former being bloody difficult to get hold of the latter being a little pricy but worth trying to see if it solves the problem)

9. Tedronai

Tedronai Member

I have used the Maxell discs on my computer and standalone DVD drive, even my PS2, and the movies I've made work fine. I rip DVD-5 with DVD-decrypter and burn them.

10. p0rkburn

p0rkburn Member

Im pretty sure its not the discs because my dvd-5 movies that i burned onto them play just fine in everything i've tried. I did have this same problem with one dvd-5 movie i burned, but after ripping it again, then defragging, then burning - it played just fine. There has to be one little step im missing that is messing the whole process up....But i dont know what it could be!