1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2AVI: Multiple AVIs??!!??!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Taurolyon, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Taurolyon

Taurolyon Guest

Has anyone gotten 2 or more AVI files using DVD2AVI? I did this to a DVD and got 2 - 2.027GB and a 555MB files. This was just from one DVD-Rip.

It does get quite annoying because I have to use VirtualDub to re-combine these files, then use TMPGEnc to recombine the audio and video to MPEG-II.

Does anyone know how to disable this so that it outputs one large AVI file?

2. bang

bang Member

Don't worry, you have the same problem I had when I didn't know how to use DVD2AVI. DVD2AVI's greatest strength is through VFAPI (which I still can't get to work properly), so what you do is open the vob file in DVD2AVI, choose the audio stream you want and the settings to go with it. Do the same same for the video, and then instead of Save Avi, choose Save project. The processing will give you an audio file (depends on what settings you had it) and a *.d2v file. Now TMPGEnc can open up the *.d2v file if you have the right plugins (under video source open the *.d2v file, if successful, a preview picture opens up, otherwise TMPGEnc will let you know and for audio you simply choose the audio file you got with Save project). If you don't have the VFAPI plugins, TMPGEnc can also open vob files if you have an MPEG-2 codec installed (if you don't, free ones are available at www.digital-digest.com) but remember, use the audio steam you got from Save project, not the vob file (audio buggers up, simply don't do it). Post up your results.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2002
  3. Taurolyon

Taurolyon Guest

Thanks! It works, and it is so much easier!