1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2AVI sound problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jjk454ss, Apr 10, 2005.

1. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

I am trying to convert a DVD Rip to AVI. I have followed the directions in the DVD to AVI guide, but when using DVD2AVI, I am not getting a WAV file. I am getting an AC3 file? Now when I go to use TMPGEnc, I have no audio to add. How do I make this work? Either get a WAV, or how can I use the AC3 file?

Also, the original rip is like 2.64 MB, but the D2V file is only 269 KB, and the AC3 file is 75 MB, is this normal. Because the guide said it would take an hour and it only took less than 2 minutes. It is a small movie, but not that small.

Thanks for any help.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

search for headac3he. it can decode those ac3 for you

3. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

I'll give that as shot, thanks.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

To me, it works flawlessy, and since you got an audio file, you have chosen the 'Audio__Track' well (english is usually track 1, so ripping this language is easier).
    Did you set, in DVD2AVI, [bold]Audio__Output method___Decode to WAV (Ac3, LPCM) [/bold] or you left Audio__Output method___Demux?
    If you choose Decode to WAV the AC3 --> WAV, decoding the AC3 track is authomatic (so you avoid the necessity of the HeadAC3he step).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

Yep, that was the problem. For some reason I missed that option. The headac3he options worked fine, but this saves me a step. Thanks for all the help.