1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2AVI

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by alamabad, Dec 15, 2001.

1. alamabad

alamabad Member

when i rip the dvd in smartripper, it only saves (i ripped about 5 chapters just to try it out) as one vob file. so when i got to DVD2AVI, i followed the guide and saved the project but how do i make a wav file?? of course when i got to TMPGEnc, it didn't recognize it (the project from DVD2AVI) for the video output, and there is no wav file for the audio output. what am i doing wrong?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Umh, if you followed the guide, DVD2AVI should have saved the WAV for you. And as for DVD2AVI compatibility issues, DVD2AVI v1.82 d2v files can't be recognized by TMPGEnc. And you also need to have the VFAPI plugin installed for TMPGEnc, you can download it from TMPGEnc's site.

3. Oneiroxy

Oneiroxy Member

you should be having an AC3 file! Convert that with Lame to the MP3 bit rate you require! Lame converts AC3(350MBs)->WAV(1.2GBs)->MP3(100MBs)

4. fatdumper

fatdumper Guest

i have a dvd burner, it will not copy dvd movies

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2002
  5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

fatdumper: You're just risking getting yourself banned for good. Read the rules.