1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2AVI

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dubz, Mar 19, 2004.

1. dubz

dubz Member

i was trying to convert a couple of movies i rented to avi (divx or xvid) mpg4 format. i extracted the .vob files already and went to use DVD2AVI on its default settings to make the avi out of it, and it gave me a big .avi file (773 megs) and a seperate .ac3 sound file (161 megs). how do i now combine these 2? im just doing this for file sharing purpose, and i still dont really understand why everyone always uses this format for doing this, seems to me like way too much trouble with all the time in converting to and from the dvd/avi.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

[bold]dubz,

YOUR QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED IN THIS FORUM. WE DO NOT CONDONE STEALING. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU PROSECUTED.[/bold]

Pete

3. dubz

dubz Member

whoa, what did i miss here? the movies were free from the public library, and are educational videos available most anywhere. when i say file sharing, i meant to send to a friend of mine. they are actually "self help" vids dealing with some of the same issues hes having in his life right now. now that i think about it, you're right, im a terrible person and should die a slow miserable death. :T

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Reading the word [bold]rented[/bold] convinced me you were a thief.

Seeing that you rented a [bold]free[/bold] movie has now convinced me that you are an exceedingly stupid thief.

Pete

5. dubz

dubz Member

lmao.. mmk sure boss :D huh whats that noise? brb..

oh DANG, THE FBI, CIA, AND SECRET SERVICE HAVE MY HOUSE SURROUNDED I GOTTA GO, WISH ME LUCK!

in all seriousness though yeah i guess i coulda worded it a little differently, but no use crying over spilled milk. just delete the original post, problem solved anyways. later..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.freewireless.tk[/small]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  6. crys94

crys94 Member

I made a DVD with my own footage I shot and want to import the footage as .avi files into After Effects. I have already ripped the DVD with DVD Encrypter and have the VOB files. I tried using DVD2AVI, but am not sure that I am using it right because the .avi does not play back. What do I need to do?

7. john179

john179 Active member

I know my cousin is in to this sort of conversion.He tends to put movies which he has made with his camcorder on to his phone along with movies to watch them.Amazing phone i know but for what reason i don't i think its just for show who knows.Movie Jack is meant to be good and there is a really easy to use programe called Easy X Video converter + plenty of shareware you can download.
    Cheers John179