1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE always pixelises picture

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by RMF, Mar 19, 2003.

1. RMF

RMF Regular member

I have noticed that even when the main film will fit on a dvd-r when all of the extra shite has been removed that my copy will always be grainy to some extent. I have copied dvd's and compared the original quality to the copy i have just made and the difference has been noticable even though dvd2one should not have altered the video quality at all. Why is this? I think i may have to go back to doing things the long way round. I am not very imressed with DVD2one at all. Most movies i have made don't even look as good as VHS. What is the point of copying a DVD if the backup will not retain DVD quality even when the quality should be identicle?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Mine do have a quality that's between DVD and SVCD I guess.
    I can not even tell the difference between the original and the copy I made using DVD2one.
    Also copied very long movies like Lord of the rings (180min) and Apolcalypse Now (179min) and Green Miles (181min). The quality is still excellent.

If you really want the DVD quality at the best I suggest you use DVDxCopy. It will keep the same quality as the original by splitting the movie in 2.

3. RMF

RMF Regular member

Well i couldn't tell the difference either on my old TV, but i have just bought a new TV which is a 32" wega and the difference is easily noticable when i watch both the original and my backup on it. I really want to know why DVD2one makes the picture grainy even when the video is small enough to fit on a DVD-R/W without altering it.

Does anyone know how good pinnacle instant copy is? I know it takes longer, but is the proccessing any better?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003