1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one and sony dvd video camera

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by dfd9880, Jul 6, 2006.

1. dfd9880

dfd9880 Member

is dvd2one the right program to use for taking multiple mini dvds recorded with a SONY dvd camcorder and transfer them to standard dvd+r disks

2. agentgman

agentgman Regular member

I'm not that familiar with Sony cams, but if the mini dvd can fit in your DVD Drive, then yeah.

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

dfd9880...DVD2One is a transcoder that reduces the size of VOB files. It's main use is to reduce a DVD-9 commercial movie to a DVD-5. If your Sony camcorder makes mini DVD's with VOB files (e.g., VTS), then you could likely "order a sequence of these" with DVD2One. It does have a nice feature where multiple movie segments can be burned together.

The key here is that DVD2One only transcodes VOB files. If your Sony outputs DV or AVI files, which is most likely, you will need to convert them first. A simple program that will do is the Nero Recode/Vision combo that is part of the Nero 6 or 7 package. It will let you download files directly from your camcorder onto your hard drive, and then do some basic editing. Within this editing process you can put multiple segments together, and burn to DVD 5 or 9. Nero has some fairly decent documentation for this also.

4. dfd9880

dfd9880 Member

DOC409 - Thanks - I knew that dvd2one only did VOB files - I guess my brain was on holiday. I do have nero but didn't know about recode - many thanks.

5. pantsfire

pantsfire Member

Supposedly, Sony's are supposed to be easier.

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

DFD9000...hey, my brain takes a holiday every day! If you need a little help getting started with recode, make a post.