1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one audio files

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by vistakill, Aug 2, 2007.

1. vistakill

vistakill Member

Hey all,

This is just a short question concerning the Audio types in DVD2ONE.
    I am very familiar with the older version of DVD2ONE. I've upgraded to the latest version and finding that the way the audio files are named are different. The AC3 is the same. Only difference is the endings. Could anyone tell me what AC3 3/2.1 & AC3 2/0.0 means. Also if there are any other audio file names I have not mention could you tell me them too. Also, why are there on some DVD's so many AC3 2/0.0. Just a newbie, a bit confused.

Thanks...

2. po43292

po43292 Regular member

Whenever I shrink with AC3 3/2.1 I get the entire Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound. If you shrink with the AC3 2/0.0 you only will get 2 channel sound which uses the AC3 (Dolby Digital and AC3 are synonymous) format, but compresses it to steer all the sound to 2 channels (i.e. Pro Logic or plain old stereo sound if you don't have a surround setup).

A lot of movies contain other languages, some of which are offered in 5.1 and some not. That's why you see a lot of 2/0.0 audio tracks. And Director comment tracks and such are usually 2/0.0 also.

Also, my receiver and DVD player are capable of DTS, so I use the DTS track whenever available. You don't see it all that often, but it sounds better for most movies if it's offered. BUT if you don't also include an AC3 format you won't be able to hear the audio at all on some DVD players, because they don't support DTS.

one more thing: DTS uses a little more information for the disc though, so I sometimes will use a DVD +R DL for those to keep the video from being compressed too much. The audio doesn't compress using DVD2one, only the video.