1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One DL Burning Error - Mac

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ladysmith, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ladysmith

ladysmith Member

I've just started using DVD2Onex2 (ver xxx) on Mac OSX (10.4.10 Intel) and I'm having trouble burning DL discs. So far, only one out of 5 discs has burned, and it had incorrect audio. The discs that are not burning, hang for a long time (30 - 45 min) on the closing session process and then end with this error:

Burning Error

ERROR: 1:00000005
    hdiutil: burn failed - Input/output error

The discs I am using are Fuji DVD +R DL (RW) and the drive in my mac is: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-846

I'm using MTR to create a unencrypted folder of the disc (contains the VIDEO_TS folder) which plays ok in the Mac DVD Player utility.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

To clarify the problem: what is new/different now? Have you been using DVD2OneX for quite a while, and burning DL discs, both successfully on an older Mac, but now having this trouble on a NEW Intel Mac? Or have you just started using DVD2One and having troubles?
    Or did your old Mac not have the inbuilt diskdrive to handle DL burning, and so you have just started using DL disks on the Intel??
    Also, are you using the inbullt Burn Disc Image facility of the DVD2One or specific burning software (such as Toast)???

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Two problems I see...

I wouldn't buy anything buy Verbatim +R when it comes to DL media.

Do a google search on Matshita drives and you will see that you aren't the only one having problems. Have you checked on firmware updates for the drive?

4. ladysmith

ladysmith Member

terryxpre:

I've just started burning DVDs, I'm not migrating from an older, successful method. I am using MTR to create an unencrypted folder of the disc, which plays fine when I use the Mac DVD Player utility. I then try to use DVD2OneX to burn the disc. It is burning the disc that I get the error reported.

I have since tried burning some DVD -R discs. One worked and one came up with the same error as before.

LOCOENG: I am going to see what I can find out about firmware updates for the matshita. I will also get some Verbatium discs to try.

thanks for your suggestions

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm not Mac literate at all, but you might try this too...instead of letting DVD2One burn your project upon completion, have it make a folder or image and then try burning that with a different program.

6. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

I go with Locoeng - DVD2One is primarily for extracting from the ripped file, but has a burner feature tacked on. Get some specific quality burning software. You don't need to go to Toast 8 - Toast 7 has all the features you'll need at this stage, and goes very cheaply (being superceded software) on Amazon and eBay.