1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one dvdshrink crash computer

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by monteca, Oct 7, 2004.

1. monteca

monteca Regular member

been using the same configuration with no preblems for over a year.....last week when using dvd2one i got an error (blue screen of death)...then every time i ran dvd2one i got the same screen so i got dvd shrink....the same thing

then i reinstalled xp pro and then instead of the blue screen it just crashes and restarts....
    tried one more time...same problem....tried windows 2000 same thing

i can run every other program just fine.....only the video compression prog...

anyone have any insight
    Thanks

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Video encoding and compression is about the most CPU intensive thing that your computer will ever do. It will definitely find any problems with your CPU cooling. That would be the place to start. Make sure all your fans are working properly, especially your CPU fan and that you have good air flow through your computer.

Here is one temperature monitoring software but how well it works depend on your particular PC.
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Other things could be a IRQ, driver or registry conflict. A bad memory module. A very fragmented hard drive or errors on your hard drive.
    Have you defragmented lately and checked you hard drive for errors?

3. monteca

monteca Regular member

i know this resonce took forever but it was the cpu cooling.....there was dust in the heatsink.....thans for the right on advice