1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One failed to compress my files

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by marcus01, Sep 1, 2003.

1. marcus01

marcus01 Member

AS the message states, DVD2One failed to compress my files when trying to backup my Deep Space 9, Season 3, Disc 1. I have backed up other discs just fine using DVD2One, but for some reason these discs are having a real problem. When I compare the ripped files, from DVD Decrypter, to the files after compression using DVD2One, I am missing about 3 .VOB files and none of the files are compressed. I have DVD2One set to Full Disc Mode and tried both compression modes, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Did you rip all files w/ DVD Decrypter?

I am not happy to do this , as I'm an advocate of DVD2One but have you tried DVD Shrink (free d/l) on these discs..?

A friend of mine has nearly all Star Trek DVD's (movies & series) and I will be backing them up for him sometime soon. I can post results then but it may not be for a while yet.

3. marcus01

marcus01 Member

I did rip all of the files using DVD Decrypter as well as try the latest beta 5 release of DVD Shrink. It seems that no matter which program I use, I cannot seem to compress the files off of the Deep Space 9 DVD's, starting with Season 2 Disc 7. Maybe I'll try using Smart Ripper and see what happens, but I stopped using that when problems started with that program.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

re-author and select only half of the episodes per disc. then you wont have to compress.

5. marcus01

marcus01 Member

I started doing that with Season 1, but a good friend of mine showed me how to make disc-to-disc copies, using the afore mentioned software of course. I'd rather get the menus, etc., but worse case senario would make me use DVDXCopy. It works, but I hate that disclaimer they put at the very begining of every disc. Anyone know how to remove or change it to a different image?

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

7. marcus01

marcus01 Member

Sorry, wasn't looking to change the thread... just looking for alternative options to my problem. This is still a thread concerning DVD2One not being able to compress.