1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd2One problem... read on!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by regzgz, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regzgz

regzgz Member

Hello forum,
    I'm experiencing a new issue when using Dvd2One version 2.3.0 retail version, for some estrange reason all my DVD backups cannot be read at the last chapter, all the movie is playable fine from the beggining but in the last chapter there is always a problem where the movie stops, then it jumps from one scene to the other one with choppy sound, until it finally stops and the only way out is to stop the movie... I never able to finish a whole movie. Is doing this in all my backups without discriminating the type of movie.

2. regzgz

regzgz Member

By the way my media is Ridata DVD+R 16X, burning at 6X, 8X, 12X and 16X with same issues.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Check and see how much data(GB) is on one of those discs after burning.Maybe DVD2ONe does not do a very good job at meeting disc size target and burns too close to the edge of the discs, sice that's where all the problems seem to happen(some discs are better for that than others).

Do you have the option to save first to your hard drive and then burn? Save and see how large the output is, if more than 4.4GB, I would change the size.Can you change the output size?

4. regzgz

regzgz Member

Thanks for the reply, I did what you suggested but I still got the same problem again, I downsized the image size to 4100 MB to allow some room at the end but the problem still there.
    I'm trying to go with creating a folder set instead of the iso image to see what happens.

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Try burning with ImgBurn instead.

6. regzgz

regzgz Member

I did more tests and I'm back to square one, I went to create a folder set file instead of and image and got the same result. Burning with Nero 9 and ImgBurn with the same exact problem. Increased the size and decreased the size also, burning at different speed to find the same issue all over. My next move is to try new media but I'm sure that media is not the issue but I want to get it out of the way. Going with DVD+R this time.
    By the way, I did burned the file set and Image with two different burners (lite-on, and Samsung Sata Drives) in two different PC's and got the same result...

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

In this case, I would suspect you converting software. Just give DVD Shrink a try, or since you mentioned you have Nero, just use Nero Recode to transcode the dvds.

8. regzgz

regzgz Member

What a surprise, I switched to DVD Shrink and created a image first and also re-author to once more come to the same problem again. I was using a DVD+R this time around... The image does play fine without a problem in 3 different PC's when played from a thumb drive. So I now back to square one... Last stop nero recorde.

9. scum101

scum101 Guest

what are you trying to play the disks on? .. I suspect either the player or the burner.

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, the image plays fine before burning-which means is not the converting software;

The image burned using two different burners in two different PCs plays crappy; unless both burners have identical issues, we could probably eliminate the burner...
    2 different kinds of media(might be both crappy, but still...), gave the same result...
    The only variable that was not replaced at all is the standalone DVD player...I would try one of the discs in a different player.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  11. regzgz

regzgz Member

Thanks for all the tinkering in this annoying issue, to recap:

Created Image with DVD2One V2.30
    Created file set with DVD2One V2.30
    Created Image with DVD Shrink
    Result: Final chapter of the movie unplayable...
    Burned with: IsoBurn (latest release), nero 9.
    Burner used: lite-on, and Samsung Sata Drives
    Players Used: Phillips DVP360/37, PS2 fist Gen, Phillips DVP 5980/37, Panasonic DMP-BD60K Blu-ray.
    Re-sized the final DVD size to only 4.0 GB for the final image in DVD2One.
    Image created with DVD2One V2.30 and DVD Shrink plays fine in 4 different computers, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
    More testing to come using Windows XP to process the Image and the burning... I'm crossing my fingers :<

12. wonx1312

wonx1312 Guest

I agrree with cyprusrom.Try What he said maybe can fix your problem. But still can't solve it? I suggest u exame your DVD.I used to face the same problem as you.But to my surprise ,the key problem is that there is something wrong with my DVD.SO maybe for this reason, you can't finish a whole movie.

13. djplegend

djplegend Guest

1. Check your DVD disc, ensure the source movie is good.
    2. Rip your DVD movie again, there may be something wrong during your last ripping.
    3. If the output movie still doesn't work, you'd better try other ripping tools, e.g. this All-in-one DVD Ripping Tool edited by ddp.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  14. cjzcoc

cjzcoc Guest

I have read your questions. And have to say that it's really annoying when meeting this issues. What i want to say is you can also try to burn your image file to disc and test it in order to find where the problem is. If need, you can refer to *SPAM removed* and select DVD Burner to burn image to disc. I advize you to have a try, i have used the free trial version before, so if you need my help you can remind me. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  15. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.