1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE vs. CCE

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by msb5150, Feb 2, 2003.

1. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I would just like a simple comparison (quality, speed, user options) not price, I know that CCE is much much more expensive than DVD2ONE._X_X_X_X_X_[small]This is an amazingly imformative site with many places to find information and help. Please support it.[/small]

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

In speed, DVD2ONE beats CCE hands down, but in quality CCE beats DVD2ONE hands down. You must understand that DVD2ONE is actually _not_ an encoder, but a compressor instead -- it doesn't re-analyze and re-create the video stream with lower bitrate, but instead tweaks the existing encoded video and removes parts of the MPEG-2 data in order to squeeze the video into smaller size. Comparing apples and oranges, that is.

For excellent quality squeezing to one DVD-R, use CCE, for quick and "dirty" backups for viewing purposes (no menus, no extras, etc), use DVD2ONE, for keeping everything in perfect condition, split the movie to two discs by using DVDXCopy or IFOEdit.

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Thankyou