1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One vs. DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tedtropy, Feb 14, 2004.

1. cubs4ever

cubs4ever Member

For what its worth(zip). I had xcopyexpress but after I tried shrink I never went back. On shrink I improve my film copies by using start/end feature,and by cutting out everything but main movie I get pretty good copies. I use copytodvd and I'v never had any prob.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hark, I did hear'th me lady'th calling'th ? - Oooohh there she is, Hi ya NATLADY,

When you get ready to write using Decrypter under "Destination" you'll see "Test mode", then "BURN-proof" and then "verify". make sure the last isn't "ticked" :p)

All set ?

Yea, I knew you'd be :)

"P"

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

TOMMY,

Both media you listed are fair at best (Fuji) and really poor (Memorex) at worst.

At this point I'm not sure who's making Memorex but the numbers are as high as 50% come out as coasters - and THAT my friend is sayin somethin -

Let's get your media straightened out -

1. Cheap media, skips, pixelats, freezes, jams partially and of course many times, just doesn't play at all.

Cheap media is great for text, Data, Spreadsheets, .Jpg and .Gif pictures and is good even for MP3 music BUT for DVD backups - BLAaaaaaT ! It SUCKTH in the "Big Time Arena".

2. Top flight media is needed for DVD reproduction !
    Ritek G04's or Verbatim are what we’re looking for - any media boasting “Advanced AZO “ are a superior dye application, while they are a bit “pricey” they are acceptable.

Question - If you make coasters out of 3 cheap discs and good copies from 3 Verbatim discs or 3 Ritek G04’s - which ones then are too expensive ?

Let's get you to change - you know what they say, it's good for the soul (Yea, I know, what do they know -)

Pete

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Verbatim uses many different makers for their various lines, among them is CMC. Many Memorex discs are also made by CMC.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I refer to the discs stamped "Verbatim".

Ritek produces a bit more than 1/2 of all media used by the retail trade, many, if not most of what they make is not satisfactory for DVD reproduction, even that stamped with their name. Hence, we specify G04 as the desired product -

I hope I've cleared that up -

Pete

6. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

HEY GUYS I use a off brand dvd+r and my copies look like the movie i'm coping from great picture.
    Does anyone no if the single layer 9.... came out yet?
    haven't seen them in the stores,a friend has a mac lots of problem there there is really no software for compressing movie just one if anyone no more info feel free to respond thankx guys!!!!!!!

7. daba

daba Guest

DVD+R9 (dual-layer 8.5 GB) burners and medias should be released before summer.

And Pioneer announced dual-layer DVD-R burners for the end of the year.

8. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

actualy dvd2one is the only mac compatible dvd compression software, and im pretty sure that dvd decrypter is the only mac compatible dvd ripper.

anyway- they said that DVD-R9 is impossible because they use a different and less advanced chemical dye. I knew DVD+r was the way to go, and turns out it is.

i changed my mind now that i got the lattest version of dvd2one. it now has a variable compression engine option in its latest version witch gives you even better qualtiy than DVD Shrink, and its still fast- it took me 15 minutes to compress MEMENTO with the constant compression mode, and about 30 minutes with the variable compression mode. I even played both my DVD2One copy and the origonal at 4x zoom and they look no different! DVD2One is now the way to go- forget what i said about the old versions. :)

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Apparently the Pioneer 106 & 107 are f/w flash upgradeable t make them dual layer compatible. But they are bound to release the 108 as soon as there is a sniff of competitors putting dual layer writers in the marketplace...
    I've never not used it ;-)

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I've only got one little, itty, bittie question - When is DVD2One going to be free ?

Don't get me wrong, I have DVD2One and think very highly of it, t'was the herbsman's fault, he directed me towards the light BUT to compare a $$.$$ program with a totally FREE one - Huuuummmm, I got to continue to recommend DVD Shrink to the Newbies :)

Pete

11. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

FREE is the best way to go why pay for the same concept!!

12. herbsman

...DVD2One being the easiest to use for complete newbies was my main reason for suggesting it in the past , but as & when Shrink came out ...I suggested either of the the two to ppl : )

I am still not bias about one or the other software , but I knew this thread would turn out that way as soon as I saw it started (lol).

Will let the madness continue forthwith !!

[ [bold]Please read:[/bold] http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/75048 ]

13. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I use DVDSHRINK with CLONEDVD and have never had a problem burning DVD's. I also own NERO ULTRA 6 but mainly use that for CDs. I also own DVD X COPY PLATINUM (what a mistake spending money on that program) and have used it only once. After buying the program and not getting it to work until the final update came out, I discovered this forum. I have a slow machine by the standards we use to measure machines today (PENTINUM III - 500MHZ, 120GB harddrive and 256MG of memory so I run two sessions of DVDSHRINK at the same time when I go to bed and the DVDs are ready for burning in the morning. I only actually ran DVD X COPY PLATINUM once after the final update at which time I discovered it was finally working.

14. grogey

grogey Guest

Hi there - I've been lurking around these forums for some time and finally decided it was time to write a post. And by the way it is pronounced GROWGEE not GROGGY!! LOL Thought I'd better include that as most people seem to think my nickname comes from my ability to imbibe alcohol.

I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Just reading all your posts in the various forums has filled my head with soooooo much information I think I'm going into overload!! hehehe

But seriously, what I've gleaned from you wonderful people has been fantastic.

I live in the bush in Central Victoria and as wonderful as the lifestyle is - there ain't much available on-hand when it comes to technology - infact they are only just installing the receivers for colour television!

Special thanks to ScubaPete - you are such a charmer and give your knowledge and experience soooo freely!!

Better stop before this becomes a novela

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Iffin grogey be of de female varity, de ScubaPete could be in love. So many just pick on littl ole me, sob, sob)

16. grogey

grogey Guest

*HEARTS & KISSES*

There you go Pete - yes I am of the female variety!!

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thank you so much, I was worried for awhile. -

I'll sleep soundly tonight :p)

Pete

18. herbsman

[​IMG]
    Hey , you two...get a room !! [bold]lol[/bold]

P.S. Welcome to the club grogey , I replied to Ritek In Oz thread btw ;-)

http://www.ritek.com.au

19. grogey

grogey Guest

Thanks Herbsman!! I'll go check out that post right now! Mmmmmmmm a room...... the mind boggles......

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hah !
    (The herbsman's jealous :D)

You just never mind that silly ole herbsman, he had his fuzzy bear stolen when he was just a little thing and has been looking for a replacement ever since -

Iffin he upsets you, you just come on over here and we'll do some backups together :0
    I'll show you some of my programs :p)

your "Uncle, Snuggle Bear", ScubaPete

(nice Heart there herbs -
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004