1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One vs. DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tedtropy, Feb 14, 2004.

1. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

HI GUYS and GALES,
    haven't been on, but I've been reading.anyways I use an off brand of DVD's and i had no problems at all i don't no where any of you guys are from, but if you have a officemax by you go there there the cheapest i found and they have a off brand that works great. I've backup about 200 DVD's no freeze up on any. Well now for a tech queation when i use decrepter i copy in file mode i tried ISO but when i use shrink it doesn't reconize it i get a error whats up with that?
    Does anyone no why? bub bye

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. drchips

drchips Active member

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

herbsman, Thanks so very much for that comparison link - I've got in my "Favorites". I can see the difference at 200% - 250% but how large a screen would that be when I play my DVD ??

Sorry all but I have no intensions of showing my DVD's on a Drive-in Movie screen -

All my stuff, shown on a 65" TV looks the same as the original -

Maybe it's the difference between Verbatim and Memorex, I don't care - What is the purpose of this discussion ? Really - what is the application that we should be concerned about ?

Enlighten the ScubaPete, Please -

(Dusting off my Digital camera, waiting for the herbsman / grogey spanking scene - still waiting all alone in the purple room - the TV is nice though, I watch my DVD’s on it. Lol)

5. drchips

drchips Active member

me standing quietly in the corner..

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(That's such a good "Doc", your Mom would be proud :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  7. bigmouse

bigmouse Guest

[bold]ScubaPete[/bold]

did you buy all those, lol.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, I bought the vast majority of them (I pick up new ones every week), my friends and family know that they can always buy me gift certificates for the Video store -

Maybe I didn't understand the question, Ya think I can go around in my wheelchair and steal stuff off the shelves ??

9. djsteen

djsteen Member

Hey guys and gals. I've been watching the discussions. The link to the comparisons was very interesting! I borrowed Intervideo DVD Copy off a mate to see what it is like. I notice it doesn't support encrypted files when I try copying straight from dvd to dvd. I also tried importing the decrypted files (DVD Decrypter) but it said it didn't support then either. I do I need to edit them somewhere orrr....? Has anyone tried this? caio caio :)

10. waltuo

waltuo Guest

Pinnicle Instant Copy should be reported to Trading Standards for misuse of a product title! INSTANT COPY? More like EVENTUAL COPY!

Having said that, it does compress very well, but takes far too long.

As long as you have decrypted your dvd first to remove CSS this prog is happy as anything.

11. djsteen

djsteen Member

I'm talking about Intervideo DVD Copy [bold]waltuo[/bold]

12. TheOutlaw

TheOutlaw Guest

someone will correct me, but I think Intervideo DVD copy and Pinnacle Instant Copy (ahem) are one and the same.

13. coreydj

coreydj Member

if anyone has tried all these please let me know.i use shrink and recode. i have no problems except my dvd player (samsung s222) wont play them. if there is a program that can backup a dvd with superb quality let me know...thanx

14. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

heres how it goes

DVD Shrink and DVD2One offer the same compression quality, but heres how it goes. DVD2One is VERY VERY fast, (like 15 minutes to shrink a movie) and is super easy to use, but it COSTS MONEY. DVD Shrink is more complicated, has more features, but is VERY SLOW (like an hour to an hour and a half) but its FREE!

i would recomend both programs, buy DVD2One for copying, but download shrink for reauthoring a dvd.

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I've had great success with DVD Shrink and see no reason to use DVD2One. I've also had great success with CloneDVD 2 and Pinnacle Instant Copy 7.0& 8.0.

Shoey :)

16. brian100

brian100 Guest

The outlaw

I am afraid to say that they arent the same product. At this moment in time Intervideo dvdcopy appears to have a bug or 3. Read the link below for details.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77631

17. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD2One gives better video quality than DVD Shrink IMHO...

I really wouldnt want to use anything that now took like 45mins to over a hour to compress , as some do!
    I concur ;-)

18. coreydj

coreydj Member

herbsman,

u confuse me osn what u said about using dvd2one for copying and shrink for reauthoring. why use 2 seperate products when shring does both?? i'm a lil slow speed me up.

19. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

cause 2one is like 4x faster

20. NATLADY

NATLADY Member

YOU MUST HAVE A SLOW COMPUTER BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES ME 30 OR LESS WITH SHRINK