1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2One vs. InstantCopy

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by St_Bambi, Feb 28, 2003.

1. St_Bambi

St_Bambi Member

Has anyone else tried InstantCopy???

I've just been trying out the Trial Version (which allows you to backup the entire DVD, and not just the first half hour). I had been thinking about getting DVD2One, but InstantCopy allows you to keep all the menus and extras without using extra programs like Make It Easy.

The only down side is that it takes AGES (around 5 hours), and that the volume of the audio seems to fluctuate at the beginning of the film before settling down.

Still, I don't think the quality is all that diminished. InstantCopy compressed Shrek (8Gb) down to 4Gb and it's very watchable.

Anyway, if you want to try it out here's the link
    http://www.mrbass.org/instantcopy/

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

And IMHO, InstantCopy's quality is much worse compared to DVD2One (and don't get me started with CCE SP's quality...).

Someone should create InstantCopy-type-of-program that would allow using CCE or DVD2One or TMPGEnc (I mean all of them) as an external encoder, that would be interesting. But then again, you would have to cough up for two tools -- encoder and the "copy program" itself.