1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE Vs. POPCORN for Macs

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by grouchyed, Nov 29, 2005.

1. grouchyed

grouchyed Member

Hi everyone. I am going to buy an Imac g5 and am wondering what is better for compressing and burning DVDS after using mac the ripper. I currently use DVD decrypter and shrink on my pc and am wondering what programs for mac are the most comparable.

2. LoneShark

LoneShark Member

Grouchyed,

I have a 17" powerbook G4 and I use Popcorn with Mac the Ripper. It works like a charm. Very easy, it gives you options for menus, quality compression etc. Just two clicks and it's that easy. I don't have too much experience with DVD2ONE, so I can't really give you much info on that.

3. LRO_CDH

LRO_CDH Member

DVD2One V2 has the ability to retain padding in movies that have intentionally been mastered incorrectly. Meaning they have bad sectors written into them intentionally. When MacTheRipper is configured for arcos format, it has the ability to detect these sectors and pad them so that it is seemless to the DVD player during playback.

DVD2One V2 verison2.0.x retains the padding even when compression is enabled. As of Popcorn version 1.0.3 it does not. So you when you use Popcorn the playback will not work after it has been compressed.

Popcorn is great for "regular" encrypted DVDs but for DVDs that have been intentionally mastered with errors DVD2One V2 is the best out there thus far.

If this reply makes no sense to you assume you have a "paid" copy of the movie "Stealth". Try "backing" up that DVD and then it will all make sense.