1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by baabaa, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Vlon

Vlon Member

Well it's been almost a month since somebody has posted to this thread. Wanted to first see if anybody is still checking this thread out and to also find out if everybody is still very satisfied with DVD2One? Not sure what version everybody was using but any one have any complaints with the current version 1.1.3? Sounds like many are rather satisfied with DVD2One. Getting ready to buy the hardware and software for all this and just wanted to make sure that DVD2One is a wise purchase.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]Vlon[/bold]

DVD2One v.1.1.1 would still do what you wanted
    (even if that meant episode discs)
    DVD2One v.1.1.3 is also 'all good'

DVDXCopy Xpress is out now & some people are ranting about it but I have never & will never be a XCopy user personally (matter of choice)

DVD Back Up copying has got so cheap & easy I totally suggest that you do go get hardware

: )
    DVD2One is worth a purchase IMHO

3. colest

colest Member

I have bought both dvd2one, and dvdxcopy. The new dvdxcoy xpress that just came out is very easy to use. It mimics dvd2one, but includes all the software needed for decrpt, compress, and burn. I still use dvd2one most of the time, along with dvd dycrypter and nero. Works great on almost everything. One thing to watch is the blank media you buy. Make sure you try small quantities of various ones, until you find one that works well with your combination of burner, and player. I bought some cheaper brand and it gave me fits. I buy only Retik now bacause it works well with my combo.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I use

Smartripper (mostly) or DVD Decrypter (mainly for ISO)
    DVD2One
    Nero

...not gonna fix anything that aint broken!: )

Ritel G03 are a very reliable disc that I use often.
    Good compatibility for nice price.

5. Vlon

Vlon Member

Thanks for the responses herbsman and colest. Everybody has been very helpful on the forums. Obviously want to backup both my movies and PS2 games so I was looking at going with DVD Decryptor, DVD2One and Nero for that solution. Wiz also gave some great advice. I assume going with this software will allow me to backup both right?

Obviously once I get everything, I will learn the caveats of the software and limitations it might have. Has the compression been improved with DVD2One v1.1.3? Just want to know especially for those longer movies and I don't want to lose too much resolution along with DTS/DD audio. I could care less about all the extras but want to end up with a quality product at the end.

I have also seen some old posts with people who live in the US having a problem ordering this product. Is that still an issue? Guess I will find out shortly but just thought I'd ask.

6. colest

colest Member

don`t know about the games, have not tried any.
    as far as the quality, i backed up patton, which is about 3 hrs, and the quality was still excellant. of course not quite up to the oringinal, but alot better then you would think. i am very pleased with dvd2one. i watch on a 48" hdtv, so it shows any and all defects.

7. louis02

louis02 Member

HAVING backed up my entire collection with this programme ,i find it should say "cuprinol" on the homepage because it does exactly what it says on the tin,no defective writes top quality ,no messin with vobs and ifos,this is the sure thing and all you doubters out there,the world is round well done DVD2ONE...