1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2one

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by sandro, Apr 1, 2003.

1. sandro

sandro Guest

can some one help me step buy step how to use dvd2one

2. joblow

joblow Guest

Hi,

I'm not new in movies backup(I made more than 150+) but I am new with using DVD2One for backup my movies. I want to know something that I really don't understand with DVD2One. I read somewhere that DVD2One can compress a movie in about 15-60 min. How can it be possible? Before I heard about DVD2One I was backing up my movies with decryptor, maestro and CCE(If the movie file was too large).

I had encode with Rempeg,Tmpeg and now CCE(wich I think it's the best out of those 3 encoding softwares), but none of them come close to encode in 15-60 min. The fastest was CCE wich I could encode the movie with 1 pass in 4-5 hours with my AMD 900 athlon.

If DVD2One can compress a movie file in less in a hour, I want to know if the quality is affected. 15-60 min it's alot less than 4-5 hours. I just can't understand how can DVD2One can reach that speed. I also want to know if someone is familiar with CCE(like me) but also with DVD2One, so I can know wich of the 2 softwares give the best quality. Thank you.

3. sandro

sandro Guest

15 mins that right its the best software out there

4. jrisch

jrisch Member

The following thread gives some ideas as to how DVD2One does its stuff.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20328.
    However, it doesn't give the same quality as CCE. It's a matter of convenience. When I buy a DVD for £10-15, I'm not going to spend 4-5 hours backing it up for best quality when the 3 step approach of DVD2One does it so much quicker and easier, and automatically. Also CCE is very expensive!

I also use DVDXCOPY when the movie will fit on one disk to give a proper one-to-one copy. But prefer DVD2One for ease of use for playback. When it supports episodics properly, it will be brilliant.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2003
  5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

6. xtremedjs

xtremedjs Member

Just like mp3 technology. 95% of humans cant tell the difference from a good ripped compression of a mp3, vs. the original. Dvd2one does the same type of thing, but with video. Hardly can tell a difference. Technicaly, CCE is better, but its not worth it to most. Hmmmm 15 to 30 min. (3 easy steps) to tons of steps and confusions with hours and hours of encoding????

7. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

loaded, thanx for your miniguide. I backed up my first movie today using dvd2one. I have been trying for about a month following some of the guides here in this forum but to no avail. Again, thanx!

cheezzzz

8. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Satisfied Customers are what we like :)

Good luck.

Paul.