1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2svcd problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dbecker, Jan 9, 2004.

1. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

I put a new motherboard on my computer and I reloaded dvd2svcd. Now I cant get the program to work with cinemacraft encoder. It gets to frameserving and brings up vfapi reader codec, adds what it needs and then just stops. The vfapi reader codec is open and looks like it is waiting for something. Nothing is locked up, but it will not continue...any ideas??

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Can"t you use AVISynth with DVD2SVCD instead of VFAPI?? It is a Lot Faster than VFAPI and has More features (If you knew how to use AVISynth there would be no need for DVD2SVCD) Have you made sure that you Installed the Actual Vfapi Codec?? Not the Vfapi Converter But the actual codec??? And you can just do it without useing DVD2SVCD which once you know how actually gives you Much better controll over Video Quality...

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

I use cce version 2.62 which requires frameserving in dvd2svcd and it automatically uses vfapi reader. The codec is installed...I use dvd2svcd for the ease of use - i rip the movie, then set up dvd2svcd and come back hours later and burn it...It works great still with tmpenc but not cce...how much trouble is it to not use dvd2svcd and still work with cce???? I have no clue how to use avisynth and looking at some guides it looks like a lot of work...I work a lot with dvd2avi and tmpenc and have great results..the only reason i use cce is the speed of the encoding...and the only way i can use cce is by using dvd2svcd. So any words of wisdom would be nice..thanks for the response...

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well AVIsynth wouldn"t work with CCE 2.62 anyways because that version is rather Old and doesn"t support AVISynth Files....Once you understand how AVISynth works then it is Fairly easy..All you do is Write a Script which is a Type of Code that tells the Frameserver what to do with your File but it is Fairly advanced stuff ...I think you should Stick with the method you are useing Cuz learning a New Method Can be Frustrateing especially when you are used to the Convience of useing a program that does everything for you like DVD2SVCD.....