1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2SVCD won't load my avi file and VBR question

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Ran11, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

geez that should be no problem then :S

2. Ran11

Ran11 Member

I believe the key to the problem could be in some difference between the enconding method in TMPGenc and CCE SP due to the fact that the file enconded as SVCD in TMPGenc and then Multiplexed in its MPEG section (the header trick) works fine in my DVD except for the "jerkies" introduced by the program.

This points out to some kind of lack of compatibility between CCE SP encoded SVCD files and TMPGenc's Multiplexer caused, maybe, by some setting in DVD2SVCD or CCE SP itself.

Could there be some setting there that could be changed to make the resuting CCE SP file more equivalent to TMPenc's SVCD ones while maintaining the gain in quality and enconding time?

Thanks again for your input.

3. Dela

No i wouldnt think so! Although you are right i had a problem multiplexing something from cce sp with TMPGEnc when bbmpeg failed to multiplex it!

4. Ran11

Ran11 Member

Yes, I've also thought the cause could lie in bbMPEG or inthe startup delay info created and stired in DVD2SVCD. Do you know if it is passed as part of the final bbMPEG? Could this be the cause? After all, if I remember well TIMPGenc encodes in system streaming mode, doesn't it?

Could the cause lie somewhere around there? And, if so, is there a way to solve this discrepancy among the two types of SVCD encoded files from both programs: TEMPGenc and DVD2SVCD?

5. Dela

Just out of coriosity, go to the folder in which you save all your files during the dvd2svcd convertsion. look for the encoded audio mp2 file and the encoded video mpv file and attempt to multiplex them in TMPGEnc!

6. Ran11

Ran11 Member

I already tried that and the result is the same. In fact the resulting VCD burn is maybe even worse.

I imagine you have pointed that out to see if the problem has anything to do with the bbMPEG muxed file. Good idea! But, when you mentioned it, I suddenly realized I had tried it before to no avail.

7. Dela

Jesus this is one bad problem lol, hm