1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by xjmanfl, Dec 16, 2003.

1. xjmanfl

xjmanfl Guest

what the hell, I can't seem to find any install instructions and without an xbe file i dont even see how its supposed to work, any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. xjmanfl

xjmanfl Guest

*bump* throw me a freakin bone here

3. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I am having the same problem. I have the program ftp'd into my applications folder on my xbox but I can't get the dashboard to recognize it in the apps section. Did you figure out how to do it and if so can you let me know. Thanks.

4. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

if theres no xbe file, then you didnt copy all the correct files..

where did you get it from. i had the same problem when i installed from slayers.. it just didnt copy the xbe's

i had to copy them over manualy

5. xjmanfl

xjmanfl Guest

if anyone could send me an e-mail or instant message in the right direction it would be appreciated,

e-mail: david@ucnsb.net
    AOL: dlingfl00

6. Scot

Scot Regular member

When you unzip dvd2xbox there should be the following files (Im referring to dvd2xbox 0.51)

Media Folder
    Patches Folder
    default.xbe
    dvd2xbox.nfo
    dvd2xbox.xml

You need to ftp these files and folders to your apps folder on your xbox and make sure that your evox.ini file is pointing to the right directory for this app to get this to work. Once this is done you should be able to launch the game from evox apps menu.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  7. jxc241

jxc241 Member

8. jxc241

jxc241 Member

okay, I downloaded all the version from 0.50-0.53 and none of them have a default.xbe file in them. Please help. I am tired of trying to figure this thing out.

9. pong3

pong3 Guest

When you download dvdx2 you should get the iso file. There is no xbe file at first, but if you extract the iso it becomes an xbe file and will then let you transfer it to the e: of your xbox.

10. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I downloaded the file. It isn't an iso file though. It is a zip file. When I extract the zip file to my hard drive I can't see the default.xbe file in the extracted folder. I have even done a search for it with no luck. Am I downloading the wrong thing or is there something else I need to extract or do after I extract the downloaded zipped file?

11. pong3

pong3 Guest

12. pong3

pong3 Guest

13. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Okay the first one doesn't work, and I can't find DVD2XBOX on the second one. Anyone else see it?

14. pong3

pong3 Guest

SOB, i think i misread your post...I thought you were trying to say dvdx2 the dvd player, but i will do some research and get back to you. sorry about that

15. jxc241

jxc241 Member

16. jxc241

jxc241 Member

It worked for me. It has the default.xbe in it. Hope that solves your problem.

17. kkkkkkk

kkkkkkk Member

hey.
    I have dowloaded from the link you posted her. It went well. But I have no card for a ftp link in my pc. Is it not possible to burn the unpacked files to a cdr-disk, and move them from the dvd-rom in the xbox with the file-handeling progs. in the xbox?

18. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I am not sure. I would think so though because when you are using the xbplorer (or whatever it is called) I think there is an option to copy or move files. Just play around with it. I'll get back to you when I have time to fire up the xbox.

19. reddragon

reddragon Member

if theres no xbe its because you've downloaded the source code
    (if it was in a zip file its probably called 'dvd2xbox-054-src' or something similar, src = source right?)

just keep searching and you'll find the full program, complete with default.xbe, somewhere.

i found version 5.3, but not the full of 5.4
    is this program legit to download? (ie a program that doesnt use an official SDK or anything?) if so it should be easy to find, and legal to distribute.

as for getting it to Xbox - if you cant use FTP, you can burn it to disk and copy it across using a file manager (or write an evox-style .ini file with a couple of lines of code to copy it across if you dont have a file manager installed)
    the disk will have to be made from an XISO for the xbox to read it. i personally use Qwix but there are plenty others out there.