1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Biohzrd, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Biohzrd

Biohzrd Member

Hello everyone. Ive read around about copying files, games etc to the xbox hd. Is there a way to do it without a modchip to atleast copy to the xbox HD. i will be getting the chip later (soon) but for now atleast to copy. I heared you also need a mod chip to install evox dashboard?

Thanks guys,

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

in order to back up the game, you need to run dvd2xbox or another application on the xbox, this is impossible without a hacked bio, which is what the modchip is for. You can technically flash a hacked bios on your motherboard without a modchip, but you can never go on xbox live, and if you mess it up, then your motherboard is dead...so to be safe you should wait till you get your modchip...

3. Biohzrd

Biohzrd Member

alright i see, i just wanted to get that cleared up. You know of any good reliable mod chips? i heared teh alladin chip is ok, but something with a switch on it.

Thanks again

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

shdwsfall, it is possible to tsop(flash the onboard chip) and still be able to go on xbox live as long as you have a xbox ver 1.0 or 1.1, you simplay flash it with a 512kb BIOS instead of a 1 meg, then add your own £1.00 swich, i did it for my freinds xbox a couple of days ago.

5. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

Biohzrd...Xecuter 2.3 chip is pretty good..