1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43 30 day trial???

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by pmepham, May 27, 2004.

1. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

jackl1495,

I agree with Sophocles, not very clear on what you want. The version you've installed, v2.0 is the one you have to pay for after 30 days or so.

To remove it you'll need to uninstall it, and run a registry cleaner. I'm guessing it will be under dvd43 :)

2. jackl1495

jackl1495 Member

ah, from other posts I assumed that 2.0 was gonna block me from installing 1.4, it didn't, thanks jsut the same guys :)

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If it didn't and you still have v2.0 ... check back in 30 days :)

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

As a registered owner and user of AnyDVD I really don't see a point in using it, it's interesting because it hides the copy guards from our detective 1 click transcoders, but so does every free ripper such as DVD Decrypter.

5. mcgowang

mcgowang Guest

Does DVD Decryptor do the same thing as DVD43free? I have ICopyDVDs2 so I just wanted to know if both programs will work it, and if DVD decryptor is better than DVD43free or not?

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVD Decrypter rips the file to your hard disk and in the process removes copy protections and region codes. AnyDVD and to a point DVD43 blocks your system from even recognizing the codes. as thought there were none. With some transcoders that don't have a ripping program included such as DVD2one, DVDcopy2, and Ic8, just to name a few, are able to transcode and burn on the fly.

I own a copy of AnyDVD but I don't use it that much because I like to edit my movies down to a smaller size before transcoding to improve the picture quality while still keeping the menus. I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink for ripping.

7. mcgowang

mcgowang Guest

Sophocles,
    Do you know how to check how many Gb a movie is? Because I've read that DVD decryptor only works for movies that are 4.36Gb or less including all the files. Does that also mean that dvd decryptor can't remove special features so you have to burn the entire disc?

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There are essentially two types of DVD's that you will run into. The first is type 5 movies (just the right size for your store bought media) and the only thing preventing them frome being backed up are the copy protections on the disk. By ripping to your hard disk with DVD Decrypter you're removing the copy protections which allows you to burn the type 5 DVD with no more processing.

The other type are called type 9 DVD and they are too large to fit onto a single disc so some processing will be needed to make that happen. You'll needed a transcoder that can compress the DVD to a size that will allow you to then copy it to a store bought disc.
    Sonds difficult? Not at all and the software to do it is free. I'm suugesting that you begin with DVD Shrink because it can both rip and transcode and its free. Does it get better? You bet because there is all so a guide right here on AD that'll walk you through it, and you can get all the software you need, right here too just follow the link and tell me how it all works out.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

9. mcgowang

mcgowang Guest

Hey Sophocles,
    I appreciate all your help. I've downloaded DVD decryptor and DVD shrink. DVD shrink is going pretty good so far. I wanted the software to burn directly after encoding but I only had the options of using Image Recorder(iso image) or Hard Recorder(video-ts file). I have a DVD writer drive installed in my computer and I was wondering if you knew how to get that as an option so I can burn directly to a DVD+R or do I have to do it the video-ts way with Nero?

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVD Decrypter can burn an ISO file, once you've fnished processing the file, place a disc in your burner and double click the ISO file and Decrypter will launch. Then hit the same button on Decrypter you used to rip and it should burn.

11. fengtao

fengtao Member

Dear all,

Fengtao Software Inc. retrieves the source of DVD43 and will go on its development.

We just released a new version of DVD43 v2.5.0.186, which uses the same core of our award product "DVD Region+CSS Free".

You can download new DVD43 at http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd43.htm

You can try it 30 days for free, and the price is only $19.95, which is 50% cheaper than AnyDVD.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVDIdle - Extend the lifetime of DVD drive!
    DVD Region-Free - Watch & backup all DVDs from any region on region-locked (RPC2) DVD drive!
    http://www.dvdidle.com/[/small]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  12. mcgowang

mcgowang Guest

Hey Sophocles,
    Can you burn DVD 5's with DVD shrink or only DVD 9's?

13. devil60

devil60 Guest

pmepham: [bold]30 day trial meens 30 days not free for life[bold]

So go and pay for it and put in the numbers it needs
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]=Once A Marine Always A Marine:=
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
    - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2004
  14. mcgowang

mcgowang Guest

Hey Sophocles,
    DVD Shrink has been working great so far. However, when I used the program today it wasn't working. I had a DVD in my F: drive but when I clicked the open disk function on DVD shrink it said their was no disk in my F: drive. I was hoping you would know how to fix the problem.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

mcgowang

Open Shrink and go to file, the first thing you will see is open disc. Select it and you will see a window that asks you to select your drive. DVD Shrink defaults to the D drive but if the drive you are using to rip with is your F drive then you need to click on the little arrow and a pull down menu will display your drive, select it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

Pensees Section III: of the Necessity of the Wager[/small]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004