1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 not working

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by donb1, Mar 12, 2004.

1. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Are you talking about dvd2one? I did a search on all and part of that name and thats all that came up? Iwould go look at dvd2one and see if it looks the same.

2. searcher1

searcher1 Member

rodney63,
    Since I'M not familiar with the software i can only make general suggestions, A good rule of thumb is to deactivate as many resident programs as possible, Especially any anti virus programs you're running.
    You can do this by clicking the start button, click on run, type msconfig then hit OK. Doing this will give you a complete list of what is running when you start your computer.

3. suity

suity Guest

hi, can anyone help me....

installed dvd43 a few days ago and successfully copied a dvd...now a few days later when I start the computer up I get a message saying my 30 trial period has ended!! no matter what I do I can't get rid of this message and so the software doesn't work. I thought dvd43 was freeware??

4. searcher1

searcher1 Member

suity, Welcome.
    I've been using dvd43 for a long time and never had a problem. By the way It is FREE!
    It sounds like another program attached itself to dvd43 when you installed it, and that's why you are getting the 30 day free trial message.
    Also, let us know what program you're using to burn your dvd's, this could have a bearing on the problem you are having.

5. malachai

malachai Member

Hey Hey.....Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong.
    I installed ICopyDVDs2, DVD43 (new version)and pattin coffin. When I load the dvd the smiley face is green and the copy utility starts the rip. When the copy (to the hrd drive) is complete, my software shuts down. No prompt for a blank DVD. And worse yet the rip isnt in the folder where it should be.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanx

6. searcher1

searcher1 Member

malachai, welcome to the party.
    The new version of dvd43 doesn't need the patin-couffin drivers, or so I'm told, I'm still using the old version because I believe in the old saying, (If it ain't broke don't fix it).
    Try using DVD Shrink, it is a great little program and it's FREE! I use it along with NERO ULTRA, and I use dvd43 as my ripper, with excellent results.
    NO COASTERS!

7. malachai

malachai Member

thanks searcher.

So is this right?
    Rip to the HD with DVD Shrink (with dvd43 installed), making sure I see the smiley face, then burn to the dvd from Nero (Does it have to be ultra?) I know the new dvd43 didnt need pattin coffin, just tried it because I was having bad luck. SHould I uninstall and reinstall the software in a certain order. Also I several copy utilities for dvds. Should I uninstall those too?
    Thanks for the help again.

8. rodney63

rodney63 Guest

how did u get it too work i have the same stuff (icopydvds2) and cant get past the reading part

9. searcher1

searcher1 Member

malachai, Here it is.
    Rip to the HD with DVD Shrink (with DVD43 installed), making sure You see the smiley face, then burn to the dvd from Nero. "NOTE" You don't have to exit DVD shrink to burn with NERO. On the overhead menu click Edit then click Preferences then click the FILE I/O tab, under the File I/O you will see an option that says ENABLE BURNING WITH NERO check this box and that's it, the dvd will burn using NERO,(it Does not have to be ultra?) As far as your other DVD burning programs, I don't think they will interfere with this process, But if DVD shrink works with NERO I don't see the sence in keeping them on your HDD.

10. malachai

malachai Member

SWEET....Thanks Searcher.

I did what you said, burned the dvd with nero, but my player didnt recognize (error) I know I ve played other dvd-r and Im sure Ive used dvd-r media. I guess I need to look for some setting I missed. Perhaps I need to det the region code to USA nstead od free. But thanx for the boost. I guess a few coasters is all part of the game, right. Well any more insight you may have, send this way.

11. bobby2578

bobby2578 Member

I'm hoping someone can help with this problem..........

I have DVD43 installed on my computer, and initally it worked fine. I was messing around trying to get DVD X Copy to work, and now everytime I try to start up DVD43, it issues the following error:

"Unregistered Version:
    Sorry, but your 30-day trial of dvd43 has expired!
    Please, register your copy at
    http://www.dvdidle.com"

I was under the impression that this was supposed to be freeware, is this correct? If so, is there a need to register it before it will work? Is there anyway I can get DVD43 to install and run correctly without it being a 30-day trial?

Thank You!

12. Misc

Misc Member

Well, DVD43 is allright!!
    Do not understand all this small talk.
    Install latest version 2.71 and not patin-couffin drivers because these are not needed anymore, delete these drivers. You also need a software dvdplayer to be installed like: Windvd5 or Powerdvd etc... After installation dvd43 v2.71 a yellow smiley is in your tray somewhere, do not cancel rpt cancel this autostart in windows. To be sure, restart your system. Start a dvd with your player or autostart if you like, the smiley will become green after a few seconds and a small pup box appears saying there is a dvd in your hardware player. That's all!

Note: Smartripper 2.41 is also a good option(macrovision!), but it's an oldie and needs some update.

System: winxp pro(sp1) and ordinary hardware.

Greetings,

13. superbut

superbut Member

I was wondering if Nero was free. because when I tried to use it it told me that I had to by a serial number. And I also dowloaded DVD Shrink 3.1 but it does not give an option to rip the dvd to the HD. I would also need so precise explanations on how to copy a dvd with these programs because I am not very god with cumputors. (sorry about the spelling)

14. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

You can use Nero for 30 days then you have to pay. Go and download DVD Decrypter that works great with shrink and its free there are so many guides for how to use them do a search for them. Look for ScubaPete guide it is the best one out I think and its real easy to follow.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  15. catfreak

catfreak Active member

rodney63, I have been using ICOPYDVDs2 with DVD43 very successfully for some time now. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't get past the reading part" because once you've read the disc to your HD all you have to do is remove the disc and put in a blank disc and click the "copy" arrow. The only trouble I've ever encountered has to do with DVD9 discs and for some reason my drive on occasion has trouble reading the transition between layers.

Good Luck 2U

16. burkey22

burkey22 Member

Can somebody please help me?
    I use DVD43 with DVD X Copy Xpress and it used to work wonderfully. I have about 50 successful copies but lately I've been getting the CSS encryption message. I have re-installed it many times with no luck. I even bought a copy of X Copy Platinum that supposedly had a ripper with it. No good. I'm in the process of getting my money back. Has this happened to anyone else? How do you fix it? Please help me. I miss copying my movies.