1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by holsty44, Feb 4, 2005.

1. holsty44

holsty44 Member

When I start dvd43 it has a white smili face and says I have to install something I hadnt even heard of. what should I do?

PS I have already used free trial time of anydvd up.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You're probably talking about the old free version 1.4 which needs a Patin-Couffin Layer to work on. Try download the new free version from here and read the description:

http://www.dvd43.com/

Happy DVD ripping!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

was going to try latest version of dvd43 and ran into problem.Not able to remove old version .When I go to add/remove and click on dvd43, I get message that it does not exist.Where's it hiding?

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

That's probably because it's lacking the Patin-Couffin Layer. Normally, it'll install itself under 'Programs'. If not, try use the search function of your PC.

5. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

It's really weird because the version of DVD43 I have still works fine, but when I do search,nothing turns up.Could I just try installing new version without deleting old one?

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You mean you have the smiley face but the program cannot be found? Interesting! Not sure if you can install the new version over the old one. Better try search your pc again. It's gotta be there.

7. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

That's correct!Everything works just fine with this version, but I can't find it in computer to delete it in order to install new version.

8. dano28

dano28 Guest

I have 1Click and DVD43 on my machine and I have several complaints about DVD43. This program does it's decrypting job very well. However it messes with the autoplay settings for the optical drives. I play movies with "DirectDVD" and since loading DVD43 this program is no longer available as an option for the "Play Movie DVD" autoplay section.

At times my drives simply freeze up and when I try to reboot I find DVD43 running and it will not shut down. This happens when I'm not even working with 1Click. So what is DVD43 running for. I notice that when I start the computer and get to my desktop, DVD43 is cycling thru my optical drives (4). What the hell ??