1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 UNINSTALL problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by russbarb, Feb 23, 2005.

1. russbarb

russbarb Member

I want to uninstall and reinstall this program but it won't let me. The devil face is stuck there and won't budge. When trying to uninstall from Control Panel it freezes. When I go to Windows Explorer & try to uninstall I get an error 32..Another error message is File "C:\program files\dvd\uninsooo.dat could not be opened. Cannot uninstall. I cannot copy any DVDs while this problem exists.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try to reinstall it first then uninstall it, and then finally reinstall again. I know sounds strange but give it a try...

One more note make sure you restart your computer after each step even if it dosent ask you too..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi russbarb,

The correct way to delete DVD43 is to go into Control Panel, Add/Remove proggys, delete DVD43. Reboot PC. Go to C:\Program Files\DVD43 - delete all files, reboot PC and you will be free of it.

Cheers,

Pete

4. russbarb

russbarb Member

When I tried to reinstall it won't let me..that devil face on the task bar is what is running, I guess, and I can't get it to stop. I click on it and click close..but it will not close. I just get a little sound. I had already tried uninstalling from the Control Panel at first, but it will not let me uninstall because it sez it is running..what is running is that face on the task bar...How else can I get rid of that face which is holding up the uninstall??

5. russbarb

russbarb Member

When I try to reboot, I get a little buzz and can't shut down. This problem is freezing the computer up. On the Control Panel/Add/Remove window when I press remove..and then it tells me the DVD43 is running and sez to close it and I click ok...it then freezes that add/remove window and I can't get rid of it..

6. russbarb

russbarb Member

I went to my Program Files and highlighted the DVD43 file and pressed delete. The next window that comes up says 'Cannot Delete DVD43_tray' It will not let me delete the file and that devil face is still on the task bar.

7. russbarb

russbarb Member

I tried to shut down my computer and the only way I can do it is to press the button and turn off the electricity!!! HELP!!

8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Wow! That's bad. Which version of DVD43 are you using? I have DVD43 1.4. For me, I just place my cursor over the yellow face, right click my mouse, then choose 'close', and shut down the program.

9. Gringle

Gringle Guest

see below

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005
  10. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I Gotta go with Scuba Pete and bbmayo on this one;

I just updated the latest version, and the website advised, remove any earlier versions, and reload, so I used the add and remove program,

and I did and the little yellow face was, still in the task bar.
    I just repeated the process, and the yellow faced sniper went away.

I download the update version and he's back, [lurking] :)

gringle.

11. russbarb

russbarb Member

Now it's the next day! and the devil face is still there..I was hoping he would die during the night! If I right click on it (as I have done a hundred times since this whole thing started) and click on 'close', my computer makes a buzzing sound but the face won't go away. and I still can't delete the software. The version is 3.5.2. Is this a 30 day trial program?

12. Gringle

Gringle Guest

www.DVD43.com
    Official home of DVD43Free
    Current Free version is 3.5.2

DVD43Free is the FREE version of DVD43.

WHAT DOES IT DO?
    DVD43 removes most types of copy protection found on found on movie DVDs. DVD43 only works on Win2K and WinXP. If you have Win98 or WinME, I suggest you use DVD Decrypter (use 'Mode' 'File') which allows you to rip all the files of a DVD to your hard drive and then copy with your favorite copy software.
    HOW TO USE DVD43:
    1: Run the setup file which installs the software and leaves an icon in your task bar. DVD43 will run in the background and decrypt movies on the fly.
    2: When your DVD reader is empty or the movie inserted is not copy protected, you'll see a yellow smiley face.
    3: When a copy protected DVD is detected, the yellow face will turn to a red devil face for a few seconds and then to a green happy face - which means it's ready to use.
    IF YOU GET ERRORS USING DVD43:
    1: Before you begin copying a DVD, close DVD43 by clicking on the smiley face in the task bar and select the 'Close' menu item.
    2: Insert the movie you want to copy, play it using your software DVD player for about 1 minute, then close the software DVD player.
    3: Start DVD43 (click the Start button, select 'All Programs' and select 'DVD43') and let DVD43 detect the movie and turn green.
    4: Start your DVD copy software. If you still get an encrypted DVD error, reboot your computer - DVD43 is temperamental sometimes.
    WHAT's IN THE LATEST VERSION:
    Version 3.5.2 now removes bad sectors that were purposely put on new DVDs to prevent copying. Movies like 'Resident Evil', 'Little Black Book', 'The Grudge', and 'The Forgotten' are protected with bad sectors. Version 3.5.2 has better bad sector detection, which fixes problems on version 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 which caused some movies to loose chapters or parts of the DVD.
    HOW TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION:
    1. Un-install all versions of DVD43 using your Windows Control Panel.
    2. Delete all the files in your 'C:\Program Files\dvd43' folder, then reboot your computer.
    3. Install the latest version of DVD43 and reboot your computer.
    DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION (version 3.5.2):

* Download Site 1

* Download Site 2 (click on 'Server 2', then 'Download')

* Download Site 3 (click on 'install-dvd43.exe')

Wull it worked for me.?? think... I think

13. russbarb

russbarb Member

It won't let me uninstall any which way I try. When I go to Windows explorer/Program Files it sez 'access denied'. Thank you for all of the above..I read it before I started but something went wrong after awhile. I have copied about 6 DVD's and then had this problem. Now I can't get it installed again(because it is running somewhere in the background) so that I can reinstall. I tried REINSTALLING without UNinstalling and that won't work and I tried the opposite and neither will that work.

14. russbarb

russbarb Member

When I double click on devil face in icon a window comes up that sez DVD MATCHES DRIVE EXCHANGE,use key exchange to get title key. But it won't let me close or delete it.

15. russbarb

russbarb Member

This message is for GRINGLE..are you still having the devil face? or have you figured out how to get rid of it?

16. russbarb

russbarb Member

The devil face is gone!!Of course the program isn't there but it sez that I need to reinstall the driver on DVD43...but I can turn the computer off now the normal way. It was suggested to me that I go into SAFEMODE and although I didn't get to the part where it said safemode, I had two choices of something that I can't remember..tried one and it didn't work and then tried the other and it did...and that ugly little devil went!! Now, I will try to download again!! hope it works this time.

17. russbarb

russbarb Member

Each time I REINSTALL I am having the same problem with the dvd43 program. Is there a program that works better? or one that can be purchassed that is better? This one does not like my computer. I have tried three times to uninstall, reinstall, run the program and each time I have the same problem. The devil stays in the taskbar and then I have to shut the computer down by the button and go to safemode etc. etc. Any ideas???

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

russbarb,

STOP . . . . . . . . . .

RELAX . . . . . . . . . . . .

BREATH FOR A SECOND . . . . . . . . . . .

~> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DO IT NOW, . . . . I was watching and you weren't chilling' -

Are you relaxed ? . . . . . . . . . Good !

Now, go to your task bar and click on the Devil's head. A tiny window will come up and it says - Show / Close / remove audio CD protection and Remove analogue video protection. Select "Close" and that will close DVD43 - THEN go back to my other directions and uninstall it exactly the way it was written.

(You can use Gringle's post also - It's where I got my information from . . . . :)

By far, the best available ripper is AnyDVD with a 21-day free trial and then a purchase price of $39.00. I use 100% of the time :)

AnyDVD - http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Now you should be set.

It's much easier if you make a single post instead of a bunch of posts UNLESS you're only trying to "jack" your post count up - in that case we can't believe anything you say because your goal is to post a lot, not to learn anything - Believe it or not, we can tell; when pple are jerking our chains - - when they say nothing works -OR something isn't there - We are duplicating your problem here on our units and we know pretty much what's happening -

As I said, a single post will do nicely, - all your multi-posts do is bury someone who is waiting a turn at the top of the list - it's not nice for you to do, agreed ? Yep, I thought you would understand :)

Cheers,

Pete

19. russbarb

russbarb Member

Sorry about that..my first forum with a problem..I have 1 click for burning..need something to override the copy protect. DVD43 seems to be a problem for me. What do you suggest being that you seem to have a lot of experience with this?

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Russbarb,

I'm sorry, do you have a problem reading ?

Here it is for a second time - PLEASE try to grasp it - I will not tell you the same thing 3 times -

Pete