1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD9 backup to two blank dvds ... back to a blank DVD duel layer ??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pony321, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I backed up a few DVD9 movies to two blank DVD+Rs. One of the origional movies got trashed which in this case I'm glad for the backup. Now that I have access to a duel-layer burner and some duel layer media is it possible to place the entire movie back to its origional (the whole movie on the one duel-layer blank from the two single layer backups)? DVDfab split the movie between chapters (disc 1 - Chapter 1 to 13)(disc 2 - chapter 14 to 21). Of coarse at this time I have little knowledge of VOB files and such and I'm not certain if this could be accomplished with just a software app or otherwise. If not than two discs will have to work.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

3. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I downloaded DVDshrink and gave it a try. It works great when editing out the CHG (change graphics, i.e. Please insert Disc 2) at the end of disc 1 and disc 2 introduced by DVDfab. The main movie from disc 1 & 2 joined together very well. I found a problem where as I'm unabale to copy the main menu over to the new DVD9. I'm sure there's an dvd authoring program which will accomplish this. I'll continue searching. Thanks.