1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD95COPY

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by loaded, Mar 7, 2003.

1. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Well, the last couple of months has seen the release of DVD2ONE, which I think everyone has been impressed with, not least with its simplicity. This software promises to be much of what DVD2ONE is, but it addresses some issues which have been troubling DVD2ONE users even since the recent new release. It is not by the makers of DVD2ONE

Now, firstly, I have been using DVD2ONE for a while and am yet to test this new product, so this is not an endorsement....yet.

Although it seems on the face of it to be similar in feel and size (well only 300KB!) it does some things which DVD2ONE is incapable of doing without using other software and things getting rather complicated.

The website is here:

http://www.dvd95copy.com

Basically the idea is similar, a simple program to compress your movie onto a single 4.36GB DVDR. But with the benefit of menus and extras (although they will be much compressed) and even episodal DVD processing.

There will be an inevitable consequence of reduction in quality of the video when retaining the menu, as this will of course take space that could have been used for the main movie, although I think that in practice this may be slight.

In the meantime, I encourage some of you to try it and post your results here.

As usual with new software, we will get the usual requests for serial numbers and cracks. As usual this will not be tolerated and you will be dealt with severely (instant ban, most likely)

Happy processing

Paul_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Now ask yourself, does that make me less dangerous...or more dangerous?[/small]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2003
  2. loaded

I am surprised that there have been no posts to this thread, as this software is pretty much what everyone who has loved DVD2ONE has been waiting for and trying to find work arounds for.

Anyway, I have tested this software now, done about 8 DVDs and had great success. So here is what it does.

It takes all titles (either menu, extras, or movie etc) and sorts them out into 2 categories:

1 : Movie (only one)
    2 : Extras and menus (as many as on the disc)

The Extras and menus it compresses as much as possible, reducing significantly the quality of the video.

It then calculates the amount of space left on your theoreical DVD-R and compresses the movie into exactly what is left (rather like DVD2ONE can now do custom size compression).

The software also gives you the opportunity to remove sound streams that are not needed, thus releasing more available space.

The result is a perfectly usable menu, with some extras in low resolution and a movie that will be pooper in quality than one done with DVD2ONE, for obvious reasons. But here is the thing : It still looks pretty good on the ones I have tried so far!

I am testing out Matrix now, which should be a real test, as the total original DVD is over 8GB and I am keeping all the menus etc. I will let you know how I get on and will do a mini guide for this, maybe when dRD gets around to producing a DVD95COPY forum ;-)

Paul.

PS : This software is great, but there is a tradeoff in keeping a single disc solution with everything on. You may want to keep the menu, but do you really want some of those useless extras that will only take up precious space needed for the movie? In any event the developers are working on allowing users to select only what extras they want, so presumably you could select movie and menu and I think that will keep most users happy.

3. amac

amac Member

hello, i've tryed dvd95copy, but when i try to burn nero tells me that the IFO file does not work with the VOB file. anyone else happens this? thaks.

p.s. excuse my english.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2003
  4. djorre

djorre Member

You could always copy all the files to the HD, delete the extra's you don't need and edit the menu with the diverse tools that exist. So you wouldn't loose to much quality. Or am i wrong?

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Used this program, took too long compared to DVD2ONE and DVDXCOPY so i think ill stick to DVD2ONE cause i dont care for the menus or extras!

6. loaded

Hey Dela, late reply, I have this to say about DVD95COPY,

Yes it takes a long time to process, but I am not in a hurry.

It is amazing at what it does, I mean people want their menus and extras, but they don't want loss in quality. Basically they want Dual Layered DVD-Rs and no loss in quality or loss of features !! lol

I for one am happy to sacrifice a little quality to get some extras (perhaps just the menu, which you can now do with the new version!) and not have to swap the disc (did enough of that with VCDs!)

Paul.

7. djorre

djorre Member

Does anyone have any idea whet the maximum size could be when you want to compress a movie to fit on a DVD-R. I always limit myself to 6.5 Gb.

8. Dela

6.5gigs??? :S wow

4.38gigs = dvd-r

9. loaded

I think what he means is, what size DVD would you not bother compressing to fit on a DVD-R and split over two DVD-Rs.

There is a thread on this subject here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/22845

But it really depends. You could have a 8 GB DVD, which is full of extras and has some big foreign audio, which when stripped fits on a DVD-R with no compression!

Paul.

10. djorre

djorre Member

Yes Paul, I meant the size of the original DVD.
    Thanks I'll take a look

11. Dela

lol sorry, misread :)

12. loaded

NP Guys!

:)

Paul.

13. SNAKE101

SNAKE101 Guest

I took one of my movies and ripped it with smart ripper, then used Merge Deluxe v1.0 to merge my vob files together (note only 2 merged together at a time) I didn't merge all of them together instead i opened tempeg and for video and audio source i set it to all files and grabbed my merged files one at a time and converted them to mpeg2 WITH ACTUAL DVD QUALITY ! (NO LOSS) ......................OK MY QUESTION ARE THERE ANY TOOLS AVAILABLE TO COMPRESS MY FINAL MERGED MOVIE.MPEG ? IT IS STILL ABOUT 4 GIGABYTES. MY GOAL IS TO MAKE ABOUT 5-10 COMPRESSED MPEGS AND MAKE A MENU AND BURN IT TO DVD+R USING AHEAD NERO ! ANYONE WHO CAN HELP , IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ! I AM ALSO WILLING TO SHARE ANY AQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF DVD BURNING ! SO FAR TEMPEG IS THE BEST VOB TO MPEG2 CONVERSION TOOL I HAVE FOUND !

14. devil60

devil60 Guest

You will see a lot of Vendors websites now and a lot of the DVD software that thy sell will not work in the U. S. a lot of the software is made in the UK for UK only that is posted on several Vendors website like ICopyDVDs2 I know I get it before I know what I was doing and I lost a lot of DVDs. Look before you buy, I have had good luck with 321 X maker as for the DVD Shrink-DVD Decrypter and Nero StartSmart it is a big joke I Have them and OUT THEY GO to the Junk yard

Always test with DVD-RW or a CD-RW to start

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Signs of a Loser

a.. You have a wife and a cigarette holder - neither one works.
    b.. If it rained soup you would have a fork instead of a spoon
    c.. You had bad luck with two Wife's or husbands, the first one left you,
    and the second one won'[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2004
  15. jriler

jriler Member

I'm not buying activated software anymore except for Adobe products. I can live with what I've got.